Pregnant Ladies: Check In

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree19Likes
  • 4 Post By melissalaw
  • 2 Post By Ame C
  • 2 Post By humnck
  • 5 Post By geogeek
  • 3 Post By L-SBB
  • 1 Post By melissalaw
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By momof8lopez

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 15th, 2013, 05:49 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When is your next appointment? What is that appointment for? Have you scheduled your gender scan yet? Anything new to report about your pregnancy? How are you feeling?

I have my NT Scan this morning in about an hour. I think today they will just do the ultrasound and then combine that with the blood work to give me my percentages. I'm a bit nervous but I believe that this little guy is doing ok in there. I have another OB appointment next Wednesday and I'm going to ask him when I can schedule my gender scan. I think he likes it to be between 18 and 20 weeks.

I am feeling a little less nauseaous. Not vomiting as much so that is definitely a good think. I'm extremely tired but that is normal. Working full time and taking care of my 2 little munchkins makes me tired when I'm not pregnant. Other than that I'm feeling really good. Belly is definitely starting to show a bit.
L-SBB, humnck, EverydayJoy and 1 others like this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
August 15th, 2013, 06:58 AM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Gosh Melissa, I can't believe your almost 13 weeks! It honestly feels like last week you were only 7 weeks along!! Does it feel like it's going by fast for you so far?

When is your next appointment? Aug 19th! It's my fun, long ultrasound and hopefully baby shows us the goods otherwise I don't know when they plan on doing my next one. I'm really excited about finding out if baby is a girl or boy! I can't wait.

Anything new to report about your pregnancy? Baby kicks are getting a little harder and happening more frequently. No waddling yet, but jeeze it is getting harder and harder to stand up from a sitting position.

How are you feeling? Pretty good. My appetite has picked up but I just need to choose an apple or 2 over rice crispy treats and donuts, then I should be okay. I have noticed a slight heartburn feeling starting to come on the past 2 nights before bed. I'm hoping it has to do with my poor eating the last couple days and doesn't mean I'm about to experience the all-day, every-day heartburn symptoms. I could do without that for another couple months!!! It was SO BAD with Clyde.... so so soooo bad!!!
L-SBB and melissalaw like this.

August 15th, 2013, 07:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow, I can't believe you are finding out the gender on Monday, Amy...eeeeek! So exciting

Yay, Melissa! Can't wait to hear about the u/s!
melissalaw and Ame C like this.

August 15th, 2013, 07:53 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I am just a newbie. I go in for my first appointment on Monday and get an ultrasound and probably some more blood work for my thyroid levels. I just hope that baby has a strong heartbeat! Nothing really new to report about the pregnancy. Each day is amazing to me when I don't start bleeding and have symptoms. I feel like crap in all honesty, but it is awesomely reassuring!
L-SBB, melissalaw, humnck and 2 others like this.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

August 15th, 2013, 08:30 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
Melissa - I hope everything went awesome with your NT scan! can't wait for your update

Ame - how exciting you'll be finding out boy/girl so soon!!! KUP!

AFM...

When is your next appointment? I just had 2 (high risk on Tue, OB on Wed), next appt will be my weekly with high risk OB on 8/20.

What is that appointment for? I do a weekly NST with high risk OB and they do a L2 u/s to check blood flow to baby & baby growth (baby growth is generally assessed every 2 weeks, but the blood flow is every week). These are all precautionary scans due to my history & being on blood thinners.

Have you scheduled your gender scan yet? LOL eons ago, but since I don't have it in my siggy, we are expecting a little sister for Savannah

Anything new to report about your pregnancy? How are you feeling? Definitely some new stuff to report, as of Tue scan baby flipped and is no longer breech but head down as she should be (hooray!!), so now just hoping she stays put. Baby failed the Tue NST at 20 min mark (sigh) but passed at 30 min mark, and blood flow looked good so high risk OB wasn't too concerned. Her weight % fell a bit (from 55% to 50%) but because she gained sufficiently, again Dr not very concerned...she's now 5lbs 4oz At reg OB appt yesterday I learned that I actually lost weight (2lbs) since last appt 2 weeks ago, so I've only gained 13lbs total so far...bizarre...no explanation really. They found some sugar in my urine sample but not enough to get worked up about although I guess they'll watch that more closely since I'm also losing weight. BP was perfectly normal Induction is definitely happening at 38 weeks, so I basically have less than 4 to go until I'm holding my little miracle

I am actually feeling much better since she went head down...the two weeks she spent transverse (1 week) and breech (1 week) SUCKED it was super painful. Now admittedly with her head down the pelvic pressure & back pain is worse, but definitely preferable to not being able to breathe and feeling like my ribs were being broken Not sleeping well, but I didn't at this point with Savannah either...
melissalaw, humnck and Ame C like this.

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
August 15th, 2013, 08:50 AM
That's awesome news Lara!! I'm very excited for you 4 weeks will be gone in the blink of an eye.

August 15th, 2013, 09:08 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay Lara!! Your news just made my day. I'm so happy that baby girl is head down. I'd been wondering how you were doing. have they set an actual induction date for you?

Amy it actually has gone by very fast for me. Not sure why because when I was pregnant with Jacob the first trimester just dragged by. I think I have felt more reassured during this pregnancy for some reason than I was with Jacob. Just having a miscarriage made my pregnancy with Jacob so hard and just drag on. Even though I still have that fear in the back on my mind, I seem to have some peace that this baby is going to be ok.
Ame C likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
August 15th, 2013, 01:08 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Melissa, maybe having already had a healthy baby since your last miscarriage helped make you feel a little more secure.

Lara, such great news! I can't wait to see a pic of you holding your precious little girl. Have you picked out a name yet? If so, I hope it's not a secret!
I'm sorry you got a few things to worry you (NST test, and the weight being down a bit). Sounds like everything is going well though. Grow, baby, grow!
melissalaw likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
August 15th, 2013, 01:48 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When is your next appointment? Next appointment is Monday.

What is that appointment for? Growth scan, 28w6d. Check low plancenta and make sure it moved up enough. At 21wks it was less than a centimeter from the cervix, hoping for 2.5-3cm from the cervix now for a vaginal delivery. Im confident it did, as most do!

Have you scheduled your gender scan yet? Had the MarternityT21 blood test done at 12wks, so we knew then it was a boy, then several u/s's later all confirmed boy!

Anything new to report about your pregnancy? Not much. I thought I have been picking up an irregular h/b on my home doppler for the last few days, going to have the MFM dr. look closely at the heart on Monday for me. I hear it occasionally, not all the time, but I know there is one. From what I read, it is common, so Im not freaking out yet, lol. I passed the GD test and all is well.

Feeling pretty good, getting hard to get comfy in bed, belly is causing alot of pressure on my chest, swelling a bit more, a bit more tired these days too. Hoping the iron supplement helps that part! I will be induced by 39wks, so just about 10 more weeks to go! With my history though, I'm sure I will go around 37-38wks, so more like 8-9wks, YAAAAY!
Ame C likes this.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

August 15th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
When is your next appointment? My first ultrasound is on Monday! I'm so excited, I'll be 8weeks1day. DH is getting very excited too and wants to start telling people. Sigh. I'm excited and then BOOM, I'm terrified and I have to brush those thoughts from my mind.

What is that appointment for? Have you scheduled your gender scan yet? It's an ultrasound of my uterus that was initially scheduled to find out why I wasn't getting pregnant, LOL. So now instead of looking at a suspicious spot, we're looking at a baby! Still waiting to hear when my first appointment with the midwife is.

Anything new to report about your pregnancy? How are you feeling?

I feel ok, pregnancy wise. I've had a stomach flu that is seriously knocking me down. My mother has the same bug and our symptoms are identical. I've had so much stomach pain, gas, bloating and diarrhea that I've barely been able to function. I've been staying hydrated but not much beyond that. As soon as this goes away I feel like I'll be able to focus more on pregnancy symptoms!
August 16th, 2013, 03:05 AM
^ That stomach bug sounds awful! Jeeze, you sure have had a heck of a start to this pregnancy. I hope it goes away soon, preferably before your appointment, yikes! I can't wait to hear your update on Monday.

August 16th, 2013, 06:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks Amy. I took a load of probiotics yesterday and it really did seem to help. I'll do the same today. Hopefully it goes away soon because it has been well over a week now!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search