Cross posted in my DDC

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By geogeek
  • 1 Post By Ame C
  • 2 Post By momof8lopez

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I woke up,this morning to a call from the ultrasound department. They are postponing my ultrasound until SEPTEMBER THE EIGHTH. I told the woman this is unacceptable, I've been waiting for this US since MAY and it is a timed test, it can't be fooled with! (This ultrasound was not booked to look at a baby, it was booked t look at a suspicious spot on my uterus that was left after my miscarriage.)

I'm so upset. I haven't had a dr appointment, I haven't had anything since the day of bleeding 9 days ago. Even then they told me that could have been the start of a miscarriage but I have no way of following up! I've called the local midwives twice and my GYN is gone for all of August. I'll be eight weeks on Sunday with no prenatal care in sight!

I did call a medical centre in New York State to ask some questions. I hope they get back to me.

Does anyone know how much an ultrasound is without insurance? Can I just walk in and get one? Any idea how it would work if I'm not an American?

I'd just like to know if my baby is alive and apparently that is too much for them to handle in my county!
August 16th, 2013, 06:17 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I am SO sorry. I can't believe that they did that. Did the lady give any explanation? I really don't know about costs or anything like that. Can't you just walk into an ER and get one saying that you have been bleeding?
Myopia likes this.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

August 16th, 2013, 06:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The explanation was that someone had a death in the family and is not coming in on Monday. I called another hospital and the wait there is till mid October and I called a medical imaging clinic and their wait is until August 26, but its in a very French town and I don't speak French which makes things difficult.

At this point I'd like to just pay for peace of mind. I'm looking at places in Northern New York but so far I haven't heard back.

I'm s upset. This is supposed to be such a fun happy time and this medical BS I've been dealing with is frustrating me beyond.

I could lie and get an ultrasound at the ER.... But I really hate the fact that I have to lie to get something so simple. It really shouldn't be like this.
August 16th, 2013, 07:15 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
No, it shouldn't. I am so frustrated for you. You shouldn't have to lie to get proper medical care. I can't believe that everything is so booked so far out. You got this appointment so long ago!

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

August 16th, 2013, 08:28 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jeez that's awful. I'm so sorry. I hope you can find a way to see your little one. That's absolutely ridiculous that you can't even get a stinking ultrasound. It takes what, 30 minutes approximately of the u/s tech's time? How is that something that needs to wait until September? Grrr!!!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
August 17th, 2013, 06:23 AM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
That is really messed up! I'm not 100% sure but I think an ultrasound where I live, without insurance, is somewhere between $75-$200. I do agree you shouldn't have to lie to get proper prenatal care, but that always IS an option... I hope you can be seen by SOMEONE before Sept/Oct, that's pretty crazy making you wait so long.
geogeek likes this.

August 17th, 2013, 06:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
For that price range I could probably swing it. I'm still waiting on the medical centre in NY to get back to me. For that price it will be worth it.

I also did find a 3-d ultrasound clinic near me, so for gender scan DH and I will do that. They charge $20 to listen to a heartbeat so maybe this week I will go in and do that just for peace of mind.

My mom has the same GP as me, and she has an appointment that she's been waiting weeks for, but she is going to give me hers on Wednesday so I can at least touch base with a doctor. The 3-d people won't see you until you've had a dating scan and you have a doctor, so hopefully we can use the scan I had in the ER as a dating scan and go from there.

I'm so frustrated that this is all so complicated. I hear everyone else talking about their appointments and I'm just bewildered! Bloodwork, and ultrasound, and a doctor all in one day? What utopia is this?! LOL.

Thanks for the responses ladies. I'm trying to calm down!
August 17th, 2013, 07:36 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Where I'm at (Near Chicago) their are private u/s places that now check to confirm early pregnancy. I did this at 6w2d this pregnancy. they are not a clinical u/s, nor medical. they just measure baby and check for h/b. They don't even do vaginal u/s, just abdominal. It was 75.00 and well worth it! Some women will not be able to see their bean at this early via abdominal u/s, but some will. I would check into the private places that offer gender scans, this is what I went to.
Ame C and AnnaBonana like this.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search