How is everyone tonight?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By Ame C
  • 1 Post By AnnaBonana
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By geogeek
  • 2 Post By melissalaw

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 17th, 2013, 09:10 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quiet day today! How are you all feeling/doing this evening? Or tomorrow morning, for you folks that aren't on Pacific Time like me

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
August 18th, 2013, 05:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, kind of funny.

I have a very mild sensitivity to wheat. I know this and generally avoid massive quantities of it. If I eat a little and feel yucky, it's not too bad but I bloat and feel uncomfortable.

So I've had this flu and the only thing I've wanted has been toast. That's it, that's all. And then yesterday I ate some goldfish crackers as a snack, which I never keep in the house.

I blew up like a *balloon* last night. I almost took a picture! It would have been funny if I hadn't been in so much pain! I made DH take all the bread and crackers in the house and bring them to his mother's today so I'm not tempted any more.

In other news I think my stomach bug is finally at bay. If not for that yesterday, I've felt better than I have in over a week!
August 18th, 2013, 07:01 AM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
AnnaBonana, that sounds awful, yikes! You sure have had a rough time. You do deserve a few days of feeling good!

I'm excited today, and nervous... but mostly excited!! Tomorrow is the day!! I've been telling myself I'm not going to go crazy shopping for this baby since we already have all the essentials, but I have literally ONLY spent $1 on this baby so far. It was around 8-9 weeks, DH and I were in a dollar store and saw a cute little black/white puppy container to store some baby/toddler snacks in, so I grabbed one. I'm ready to start buying a couple small things for baby. Maybe a "home from the hospital" outfit and blanket? If I find something cute.

I just have to make it through today. Find things to keep my mind busy so I don't go nuts. I'm already a little stir crazy, wishing it was Monday!! Oh happy day!!

..::: Update ::..
The emotions have hit me like a brick wall. I suddenly went from excited to weepy about as quick as you can snap your fingers. What if something is wrong? What if I am blissfully happy today but tomorrow I find out something horrible? I don't know how well I could handle another blow like that. It's all becoming very real, and I don't want anything bad to happen. I just want to be happy... and just like that I allow all the fears to come pouring down from the storm cloud.

Last edited by Ame C; August 18th, 2013 at 08:36 AM.
August 18th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Aw Amy, I'm sorry your emotions are so all over the place. That's pretty normal though. It's probably harder for you than someone who had an early loss, because you know firsthand that something bad can happen no matter how far along you are. And I know for me I was always a mess the day before/day of an ultrasound. I hope you can make it through till tomorrow! So tough waiting.
Ame C likes this.

August 18th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Thank you. I'm feeling better now. I guess I just needed to get that mini meltdown out of the way. Hopefully my nerves will stay on the calmer side until appointment time. FX!!

Baby's legs better be WIDE OPEN tomorrow
EverydayJoy likes this.
August 18th, 2013, 04:41 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
My first real craving hit this afternoon. Iced lemon water. I drank 1 glass of it and it was divine. Unfortunately, I am now highly emotional because we no longer have any ice and it just isn't cold enough without ice. Stupid pregnancy emotions.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

August 18th, 2013, 05:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Amy, I'm sorry you're all over the place! I'll keep you in positive thoughts and prayers that tomorrow goes so well.

((Hugs)) glad to read you are feeling better.
Ame C likes this.
August 18th, 2013, 06:21 PM
Hey Rachel, would it work if you put the water in the fridge prior to making it up? You could even chill the glass in the freezer before you pour it, to help it be extra cold. Or, mix it up and then put it into the fridge and have some later?
geogeek likes this.

August 18th, 2013, 06:53 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Yes, that is indeed what I did, it was the whole "couldn't get instant gratification" that got my panties in a bunch. LOL.
EverydayJoy likes this.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

August 18th, 2013, 09:24 PM
Haha. Isn't it funny how the littlest thing can throw you for such a loop when you're pregnant? Sheesh, the other day I was reading my journal entries from close to the end of Kody's pregnancy. It's a wonder my husband could stand to be around me!

August 19th, 2013, 06:31 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wasn't around hardly at all this weekend. It's so hard for me to get on the internet at home when the boys are around. Jackson likes to play with the keyboard so I end up typing jiberish.

My morning sickness which I thought was getting better has hit me like a brick this morning. Very sick. Guess this baby is going to keep me sick a little while longer.

Amy I'm glad that you are doing better. I know I get nervous before any of my ultrasounds because I'm afraid they are going to find something wrong or not find a heartbeat. I bet your little one is just fine in there and very healthy. I'm thinking of you today and praying for you. I know last week at my NT Scan I was shaking so bad I thought I was going to fall off the table. Plus DH didn't go with me so that made it even worse but thankfully baby was great.
EverydayJoy and Ame C like this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search