Having a really rough time!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By geogeek
  • 1 Post By lelila
  • 2 Post By Ame C

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 19th, 2013, 07:43 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This pregnancy is like no other I've ever had. The nausea is unbelievable. I welcome it, and fear it going away, but at the same time, I'm so sick all day every day, I'm having a rough time keeping up with my chores.

Any ideas on getting past the vomiting? This morning I have a headache and the nausea and vomiting are really working me through my paces.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
August 19th, 2013, 07:48 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sprite works best for me first thing in the morning. It seems to settle my stomach enough so that I can eat. Also I will eat a few saltine crackers before I even get out of bed that helps a little also.

What I have found that works the best for me is to just eat a little bit every few hours. If I eat too much I get sick or if I wait too long to eat I get sick and then I can't eat. I know how rough it is but hopefully when you hit the second trimester it will get better. Mine has gotten better but then this morning it's back in full force. but I didn't eat much for dinner last night and went to bed a bit hungry so I think that is what has got me going today.

I'm sorry that it is so bad. I have had a few days where all I can do is lay in bed. It is so hard to do anything.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
August 19th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Oh no I hope you start feeling a little better soon. Although being as sick as you are has got to be pretty reassuring. Hmm let me think, peppermint helps me. Or bubble gum (until it runs out of flavor). Unsalted sunflower seeds helped a little. I agree saltines are magical little crackers. Nibble on those every now and then just so there's something in your tummy. I'm sorry things are rough for you. Hang in there

August 19th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Thanks Ladies. I don't want to complain, I'm glad to be pregnant. I'm not a pro at handling the nausea and it's hard to work (I'm lucky to work from home) and my customers are catching on that something is wrong when I'm breathing hard and gulping while helping them over the phone.

I took a reglan today. I hate taking pills and have to take so many for my migraines. I'm so afraid I'm going to hurt the baby.

We have 3 more weeks until we reach our next milestone. I'm terrified.

Who is that lady with the 20 kids and counting or whatever it is? How in the world does she do this once a year?

Wife to Big Bull 40

August 19th, 2013, 04:03 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
When you are this sick, you can complain. I am so sorry that you are sick. Have you tried unisom or B6? I have ginger ale around me most of the time. I seem to be able to do lemon water as well.
humnck likes this.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

August 19th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry you're nauseated. That is really terrible. Every day is a challange. I felt like I was one dry heave away from pushing out my baby! I couldn't even look at water, but I was able to drink seltzer water and skim milk. I say drink whatever you can to stay hydrated. I second the tip about eating little bites all the time.

August 19th, 2013, 06:30 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You are totally allowed to complain. Rainbow baby or not, being sick still sucks!

I only got a little bit of nausea but even with that I was still scouring the internet for remedies. It's tough to handle.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
August 19th, 2013, 08:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I find its a balancing act between keeping the stomach a little full, but not too, and a little empty, but not too.

I'm so sorry you're feeling sick. ((Hugs)) I hope you find the remedy that works for you very soon.
August 20th, 2013, 12:40 AM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
Lemon water and gingerale. Also dont worry about complaining as we do welcome the nausea because it can be a sign everything is going right and were grateful to be pregnant but when your really THAT sick you deserve to be a little whiney. good luck sweetie.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011
August 20th, 2013, 09:32 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You can always call your dr. for a script of Zofran or something like that. I personally did not like the stuff, but ALOT of women swear by it!

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

August 20th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Are you feeling any better or finding something that is helping with the nausea a little?

August 21st, 2013, 09:21 AM
I do have zofran in the medicine cabinet and I take it only as a last resort. I hate it because it makes me so sleepy and I'm still pushing 16 - 18 hour days between work and my farm chores. DH is out of town for 2 weeks (BOO HOO!!!!) so I'm pulling double duty with working full time, house and farm. Taking care of the smelly chickens is KILLING me! And one of our hens is hatching chicks, so I have even more work to do.
Ame C likes this.

Wife to Big Bull 40

August 21st, 2013, 10:34 AM
OMG I would absolutely LOVE living on a farm (that's DH's and I's dream) but oh man, I don't envy you right now having to take care of EVERYTHING on your own! That sounds like tons of work. Yea, you're pretty much super woman in my eyes now! I don't even want to say what I do all day, because I would sound like a lazy bum... I'll just say you're awesome and leave it at that.
EverydayJoy and lelila like this.

August 21st, 2013, 12:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
you are awesome!

I got Bnatals (B6 supplements that are like hard candy - they come in either lollipop form or small hard candies) and Unisom, took half a Unisom at night and B6 as needed. There is a limit to it, but that is on the package. The B6 candy really helped! I hope it goes away soon!

August 23rd, 2013, 09:26 AM
I'll have to look for the B6 candies. Thanks for the tip. My 22 yr old nephew came to help out and instead of taking care of the chickens, he's playing Mindcraft all hours of the day and night. He did go to the store and pick up Gingerale, Ginger Snaps and Saltines, so I forgave him for not feeding and watering the chickens. I do enjoy going down to see the babies. They make me peaceful.

Wife to Big Bull 40

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search