Grossed out!!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AnnaBonana

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 25th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
So yesterday I made hamburgers. I went a head and cooked off all the hamburger meat so we could eat the left over patties today. Today, when I grabbed my hamburger bun out of the packaging the bottom of it felt hard, so I turned it over and it was covered in green mold!!! I ate a hamburger bun yesterday and feel totally grossed out because there HAD to be some mold on it.... I looked at the expiration date on the package, since they have only been sitting on our counter top for about 3-4 days. Sure enough they were a week expired. Ugh, so freakin nasty!!

So now I'm like OMG, I hope I didn't poison the baby by eating moldy bread.... I need to be more careful and check the dates before I buy stuff
August 25th, 2013, 03:14 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aw I'm sorry! That is really nasty. At the same time, I would think that you would have noticed if you had taken a moldy bite. I bet yours was mold-free, because I know for me even when I'm NOT pregnant, I notice mold-smell really easily on food, even if there isn't visible mold. But when you're pregnant, your sense of smell is heightened, probably to help you detect just such contaminations!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
August 25th, 2013, 04:16 PM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
Gross! I am so sorry!

If you dont already feel sick I am sure your fine.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011
August 25th, 2013, 04:35 PM
I'm not feeling sick at all, so I suppose that's a good sign. It's just nasty and kinda freaks me out. I didn't smell any mold and I don't remember the bottom of the hamburger bun that I DID eat being hard like the moldy one was...

Ewwy, thinking about the possibility of eating mold makes my skin crawl!
August 25th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yucky! Makes my skin crawl too, but I'm with Joy... The taste of mold like that is REALLY strong. You would have noticed a bite and spit it across the room! (Well, you probably would have been more polite about it than me....)

Sorry you're feeling creepy crawly. I hate that feeling!
Ame C likes this.
August 26th, 2013, 07:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I would be grossed out too, but you are fine and so is baby You'd be sick by now. And even a week expired bread can be fine, they just put that on there because they are forced to and they err on the conservative side. We keep bread in the freezer/refrigerator for a long time and it is fine and so are we.

August 26th, 2013, 12:36 PM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ewwwww! LOL, but you would Definitely have noticed if there was mold on it Ame, you would have tasted it. So don't think anymore on it. You didn't eat any mold, and if you did, think of it as free antibiotic.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
August 26th, 2013, 02:35 PM
^ LOL that's similar to what DH said.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search