weekend overview

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By Ame C
  • 2 Post By AnnaBonana
  • 1 Post By humnck
  • 1 Post By lelila

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 25th, 2013, 09:12 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
First let me start off by saying DH felt some baby kicks tonight, YAY!!! It made me really happy seeing DH's smile as he held his hand on my tummy. I took a mental picture that I'm saving in my precious moments brain wave.

Over the weekend I have been practicing making some cloth diaper covers. My stitch lines are laughable... really crooked and wiggly, but I'm starting to get the hang of it. I think I can do this!! I have been using normal cotton "scrap" fabrics this whole time but plan on trying to use the waterproof stuff tomorrow. Fingers crossed I don't totally screw up when I'm using my good fabrics. I know I can make a basic diaper cover now, but an actual cloth diaper is more confusing to me. I also have patterns to make cloth soaker inserts (I haven't practiced those but it seems easy). I'm still a bit intimidated but I'm starting to catch on. Yay for that too!!

It's been a good weekend for me. What have you wonderful ladies been up to?
AimeeD041727, humnck and lelila like this.

August 26th, 2013, 06:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
DH and I had a pretty good weekend! Saturday we went to a local chip stand that is to die for! Wow! They have this burger.... And it's just amazing. Then we watched some tv together and had a nap before he had to go back to work.

Sunday we had a family dinner with his family. It's fairly stressful because his family has some major issues. His parents refused to talk to me and that makes it awkward but luckily he has a very sweet aunt and uncle who sat beside us and chatted with us the whole time. So it actually wasn't that bad. I think I ate a whole day's worth of food in one sitting.

Afterwards we went to a local orchard and got a ridiculous amount of apples which I plan to turn into juice today!
humnck and Ame C like this.
August 26th, 2013, 07:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Saturday we didn't do much, I took DD1 to the store with me so she could pick out a present for her friend and I had to get some groceries. Yesterday I took her to the birthday party, it was a pool party and it was fun, she had a blast! Then we met DH and DD2 at his parent's house for a birthday party for his grandmother. His parent's have this blow up water slide and DD1 did not want to leave, DD2 loves their pool, we were all tuckered out by the time we got home
Ame C likes this.

August 26th, 2013, 12:42 PM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ame, you need a sewing machine! I have a 1840's Singer that was converted to electric. I love it and it's a workhorse - I patch DH's jeans with it. Always a straight line!

This weekend was busy despite a horrible migraine both days. I'm terribly nervous that the migraine was a progesterone drop. I have another appt and U/S on Thursday. We'll see what is happening.
Ame C likes this.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
August 26th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Hahah, I actually do have a sewing machine. It's really old, but it still works. I haven't played around on it in a long time so I'm not used to sewing on it at all.. (I don't have a super steady hand). The fold over elastic on the diaper cover calls for a zig-zag stitch, and I zig and zag all over the place!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search