How is everybody doing?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By melissalaw
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 2 Post By Ame C
  • 1 Post By humnck
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By melissalaw

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 3rd, 2013, 06:13 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey Ladies we are now back from our vacation. We went to Destin, Fl and had a wonderful time. The weather was awesome and the boys had so much fun playing on the beach. Jacob was hilarious. He kept throwing the sand and then he would run into the ocean. I spent most of my time trying to keep him from going under in the ocean. He thought it was so funny, me not so much. I got some great pictures and some video that I'll post this afternoon once I get them on my computer.

What has everybody else been up to? Anything new to report? Joy how is Kody doing on the new medicine? I've been thinking of you guys alot and hoping that things are getting better.

I'm going to go through the posts from last week and try to get caught up. I feel like I've been gone for a long time not just a week. I missed you ladies!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
September 3rd, 2013, 09:04 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad you guys had such a great time! That's awesome.

Kody hasn't really show any dramatic improvement. He's doing ok, not terrible but not great. DH is home and has been really frustrated with Kody so it's still kind of up to me to get him to settle down. At least DH is helping with dinner and putting Ethan to bed and such, so that helps me.
Apparently the meds can take up to 2 weeks to work fully. We've been on them about 6 days so far.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
September 3rd, 2013, 09:11 AM
Joy hopefully the meds will start working soon. I was so hoping that it would be Kody's miracle cure. Glad DH is helping around the house even if he's not helping with Kody. My DH was the same way when Jacob was crying all the time. DH just felt like there was nothing he could do to help him. He would always just hand Jacob to me and say you have the boobs..lol. I was like well he doesn't need to nurse 24/7. But DH just couldn't deal with all the crying.
EverydayJoy likes this.

September 3rd, 2013, 09:40 AM
Yup that's how it is here too. I can catch little breaks once in awhile with Kody but DH can usually only manage about 15 minutes of fussing with him, and then he just sets him down to cry by himself. I can't bear to see him cry so I just go and pick him back up again. DH isn't the kind who would carry Kody around in a carrier, either. I think he's just exasperated with this kid. With it being our second high-needs baby in a row, it's just more than he wants to deal with.

September 3rd, 2013, 12:06 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Melissa, I'm glad y'all had a great time. It wasn't quite the same here without you

Joy my fingers and toes are crossed that the prevacid improves things greatly! I was really hoping things would much better by now.

I'm doing okay. I've been a little more paranoid lately... I really need to cut it out. I'm hoping I have some "fluff mail" coming today. My niece sent me a little package of cloth diapers her son out grew, so I'm excited to receive it. I'm stalking the mail man but we usually don't get mail until around 4pm (2 more hours). DH has barely touched his birthday cake which is torture for me because I fantasize about shoving my face in it. I've had a piece everyday the past 4 days and, well, 2 pieces yesterday. Lol I've been pretty bad with junk food lately. I need to get back into my fruits and veggies routine.
September 3rd, 2013, 06:51 PM
Amy, aw thanks! Actually today has gone really well for Kody. I went over to a friend's house this afternoon and he was very manageable. Then got home and he has been quiet and happy, which usually only lasts about 10 min, but has been going on for almost 2 hours. Woot woot! I'm hoping this is the start of good things.

What have you been paranoid about?

And exciting about the cloth diapers!
Ame C likes this.

September 4th, 2013, 05:41 AM
I had some bad cramping in my left side on Aug 31st. I don't know why because I was drinking tons of water all day long. It went away by the next morning but I have been feeling lots of pains recently. I know aches and pains in pregnancy is generally pretty normal, but it makes me think maybe something is wrong. On top of that I feel like some days baby isn't moving around as much as he should be. Then I start thinking crazy things like he is all wrapped up in his umbilical cord. It all worries me.

I did have a really sweet dream last night that I was in the hospital after little man was born. He was wearing a pigglet outfit (lol random) and a red cloth diaper. I swaddled him up, took a picture with my cell phone, then kissed him on the cheek. I think the kiss tickled him because he smiled one of those silly newborn smiles that just randomly happen. Then I picked up the little bundled baby and snuggled him close. It was nice. Made me feel good after I woke up this morning.
humnck and EverydayJoy like this.
September 4th, 2013, 05:54 AM
Amy I'm so sorry that you are worrying so much. I do the same think. My dr thinks I'm crazy. He told me not to worry so much but it is so hard. Aches and pains are normal but that doesn't really help. they still made me worry. And I can't wait until the time comes when your sweet dream comes true.

Joy glad Kody did good yesterday. I know that makes things so much easier. Plus you like to see him feeling good and not being in pain.

September 4th, 2013, 07:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome back, Melissa! I am glad you had a great time!

Joy, I'm glad that Kody seems to be doing a bit better, hope he keeps it up!

Amy, that dream is so sweet, I can't wait until it comes true for you!

I'm doing ok, I was feeling really awful last night and a little better this morning, but still nauseous. Not sure what is going on, but I am hoping I'm not getting whatever the girls have had. Reagan had it a couple of weeks ago and Addy had it last week. Fingers crossed! Anytime I feel like this DH is like, are you pregnant? Really?! I have an IUD, I sure hope not! Then I feel a phantom kick and get completely paranoid...lol! So, I am sitting here wondering, do I need to get a test and have to remind myself that there is a very, very slim chance that that is even possible! Anyways, other than that we are good. We went to the beach this past weekend, which was fun. Addy is at such a fun age, but also getting into everything and climbing on the couch, bumping her head and falling ALL.OF.THE.TIME! LOL!
Ame C likes this.

September 4th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Amy, that's a sweet dream. I had a nice dream when I was pregnant with Kody that really helped me feel like I bonded better with him in utero. I'm sorry you've having worries. I can't remember, do you have a doppler at home?

September 4th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Yes I have a doppler.
September 4th, 2013, 10:04 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome Back Melissa! I'm glad you had a good time. I think alot of us are gearing up for back to school.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
September 4th, 2013, 05:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome back, Melissa! So glad you had fun on your trip!
September 4th, 2013, 05:58 PM
I'm glad you have a doppler, are you able to use it reliably on those days you feel decreased movement? I think it's good to pay attention to that, and not just discount everything as paranoia. You know, you're more attuned to this baby than some moms might be, because you lost one and you're always "checking". It's probably nothing, but it never hurts to check.
melissalaw likes this.

September 5th, 2013, 06:11 AM
Joy that is what I did with Jacob. I would always use the doppler if I couldn't get him to move or if it had been awhile since he moved. My doppler was my saving grace in my last pregnancy and I'm sure it will help out tremendously during this one. I'm only checking on baby about once a week right now but I have had so many ultrasounds that they have helped with my reassurance.
EverydayJoy likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search