I spoke too soon!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By melissalaw
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By AnnaBonana

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 9th, 2013, 03:19 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So I guess the couple of good days we had with Kody were just teasers. I have an appointment next week again with the doctor---a different one this time. I don't know what else to do except maybe put him on hypoallergenic formula. Although we can't afford that so it would have to be Rx'ed by the doc.
Today is one of those days I wish it was all a bad dream I could wake up from! And DH is gone---and will be gone for possibly another 2, 3 or 4 weeks, I have no idea.
I am noticing I have been having really bad anxiety lately. Kody having reflux (or whatever his problem is---screaming, not wanting to nurse) is making it flare up. I'm breaking out the Tension Tamer tea, and praying it doesn't add to my exhaustion. My depression is flaring up too. I don't have insurance, but I do have a month's supply of Wellbutrin on hand, so I'm switching myself back to it from the Zoloft which doesn't seem to be helping enough anymore.

This afternoon I was napping with Kody when he woke up crying like he was in pain, clenching his little body, and didn't want to nurse which usually works like a charm to get him back to sleep when he isn't ready to wake up yet from a nap (or in the middle of the night). I walked him around until he finally settled and fell back asleep. But I was so worried about him I couldn't sleep anymore.

Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer. I did find a reflux support board, on another site, which I've been posting on. So maybe that will help give me some more ideas. I have no faith anymore in doctors. They are a big fat FAIL in the case of my little guy.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
September 9th, 2013, 05:55 PM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
So sorry you are going through that. Have they looked to see if maybe there is a blockage in the narrowing of the esophagus or between the stomach and small intestine? I would see if they could refer you to a GI so they can rule that out.

Always missing my 3 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12
September 9th, 2013, 07:01 PM
No they don't really see it as being a problem because he is fat and healthy. I'm going to ask for a referral though.

September 10th, 2013, 05:48 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh no Joy I'm so sorry. It does definitely sound like he is in pain so something must be wrong. Is he pooping regularly? jackson was constipated and that always caused him alot of pain. I'm glad that you are seeing another dr. Hopefully he can help. I know what you mean about losing faith in drs. sometimes I just wonder if they have any idea what is going on. I'm sending lots of prayers your way for both you and Kody. Hopefully your medicine will work also. It's hard to have a sick baby but add depression on top of that plus DH being gone I know it must be hard.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
September 10th, 2013, 05:55 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good Lord! Poor Baby and Poor Mommy! You just can't get a break. I had one pediatrician that told me to nurse and feed DS upright. Well, I never heard of that and it was a juggling act. How do you nurse a baby unless he's lying on his side?! But I stood up and propped him on the kitchen counter in a sitting position facing me to nurse. He did have less gas. I didn't do it long. I ended up pumping 100% of my milk and bottle feeding, which I did having him in a sitting position rather than lying down. Did it work? I don't know, but I didn't want to risk lying him down and going back to a gassy baby, KWIM?

I hope you find some relief soon. You must be exhausted.

Wife to Big Bull 39
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
September 10th, 2013, 08:09 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I am sorry that you are still going through this.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

September 10th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Thanks ladies. Sorry to be such a complainer. You know, I didn't even think about you ladies, and how it might hit some nerves, me complaining about a baby when there are some who just want to hold a baby of their own. Sorry, friends

Oh and Melissa, no, he goes poop every day, and it's very soft. He doesn't seem to strain over it or anything.

Last edited by EverydayJoy; September 10th, 2013 at 12:03 PM.
September 10th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Well then it's definitely not a poopy problem.

Joy you complain away that is what we are here for. I know for me sometimes it just gives me some relief to vent and complain. Hope your doing ok today.
EverydayJoy likes this.

September 10th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Yes me too Melissa. Yes better today, thanks. I think the Wellbutrin is starting to help a little. Kody is a little better today too.
melissalaw likes this.

September 12th, 2013, 08:16 AM
How are you guys doing today? I hope it is still a bit better. What day next week is Kody's appointment?

September 12th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Seems to be ok today, not great but not terrible either. I think the Wellbutrin is starting to help me as well, which makes it a lot easier to deal.
My appointment is Tuesday next week. I keep calling every day to see if there's something sooner, but so far nothing yet.
Sometimes I wonder if it's just me...if this is "normal" baby behavior and I'm just the problem for not being able to deal with it? But then I don't think it's normal either, so I dunno.

September 12th, 2013, 11:13 AM
I definitely don't think it is normal baby behavior. All babies cry but a momma can usually tell a cry that is associated with some sort of pain. I know Jacob cried alot but I could always find something to help stop him from crying. it was usually nursing him and rocking him. He loved both. But when he's balled up in pain and screaming and crying I definitely don't think it's normal. You've got pretty good momma instincts. If you think there is something wrong then I believe that there is something wrong.

Glad today is not terrible.

September 12th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
(((Hugs))) Joy! I don't have any advice, but I'm sure you are right and I hope you get solutions soon.
EverydayJoy likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search