Pregnancy hormones/bully

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 9th, 2013, 08:21 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
So tonight Marsi and I were at a friend's house for a jewelry open house. Marsi went into her son's room (door wide open within just a few feet from the party) and as I was going to get her out, I hear my friend's 8 year old yelling at Marsi to get out of his room and calling her names. She had already wondered back there once and I told him to close his door. I was absolutely furious and this time yelled at him for calling my less than 2 year old names and yelling at her. Told his mom and she was on my side the whole way and she disciplined him more.

I am finding this really, really emotional. I was bullied my whole childhood. It brought back all the emotions and now I am bawling my eyes out. I don't know if I would still be bawling if I wasn't pregnant. Sorry if this is off topic.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

September 9th, 2013, 10:25 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I get it, I'm the same way. Even when my 10yr dd yells at my 3yr old. I feel bad, and make my 10yr old feel worse.......at least I try! When my 6yr old nephew yell at my 3yr old, I also get pretty aggressive. Pregnant or not, its our instinct to protect. They are so innocent at this age, and I dont want older kids taking advantage of that.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

September 9th, 2013, 11:03 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you had that happen. The mama bear in us comes out when someone abuses our kids, whether verbally or emotionally or physically, etc.
I imagine it probably would have affected you similarly even if you weren't pregnant. I think pregnancy has a way of just keeping our emotions close to the surface...heart on our sleeve. So it's the same emotions we would have had, but just more intense and more personal. I hope tomorrow is a better day!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
September 10th, 2013, 06:45 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awwww, I'm so sorry! The crying is the hormones, but the instinct to protect is always there. And your little one doesn't understand. Not for nothing, but my 7 yr old LOVES younger kids and would NEVER call another child a name or tell them to get out of his room. He is gentle and kind and takes his soft toys and plays with them with younger kids that come to our house. I'm very proud of him and never worry that he would be mean to a younger child.

I'm glad your friend was on your side and disciplined her child.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
September 10th, 2013, 07:21 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry that happened to your sweet little Marsi. I would have been really angry also. Hopefully that little boys mom can teach him that he needs to treat others as he wants to be treated and you are always extra gentle with little ones. Did he have any younger siblings? it seems Jackson has learned so much from us having Jacob. He treats others better now that we have Jacob.

I am so terrified that one of my kids will be bullied one day. I hate bullies. I would have cried too Rachel.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
September 10th, 2013, 08:42 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
He does have younger siblings. He also just started school again and I think he may have learned it there because I have seen his mom with the kiddos and she really tries to teach them right. She is one of the children's leaders of my church as well.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search