Handy Hubby or SO

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 10th, 2013, 06:16 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Is your DH/SO a handyman or do you have to hire someone for home repairs?

I feel pretty lucky that my DH is very handy around the house. He can fix almost anything and we have done alot of remodeling and he has done it all. the only problem we have is finding time for DH to do the remodeling. We are now in the process of adding another bedroom upstairs since we don't have enough bedrooms for all 3 kids and DH is doing all the work on the remodel.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
September 10th, 2013, 07:46 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
In all honesty, I think I am better at it than him. I grew up in a do it yourself family. It depends on what needs fixing whether we call someone or not.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

September 10th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
My DH is handy and can fix/build/repair almost anything. Sometimes he tries to show me how to fix electronics and other things but most of the time my brain just doesn't comprehend it.

September 10th, 2013, 05:04 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DH isn't really handy. But then we live in an apartment so anything big gets a phone call to maintenance.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
September 11th, 2013, 12:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hubby and I are both fairly Unhandy although we do generally try to do things ourselves. Zee haven't had to fix too much since we've been married. I wish we were both better at drywall because this house has needed lots of that lately! Ugh. We keep bumping in to things! We are fairly tall people in a low ceilinged house.
September 11th, 2013, 05:55 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We do everything ourselves, but don't have alot of time for the big projects, like adding rooms - so we hire a general contractor. General Maintenance like plumbing, electrical, etc DH does all that. I think his biggest problem is motivation. When he gets home at the end of the day, and is really tired, he doesn't want to hit a big list of to dos. He just wants to rest. So alot of things don't get done for weeks and weeks.

I'm a "do it now" person. So I get up in the morning and I don't stop until everything is done. We sort of drive eachother crazy with our opposite styles.

Wife to Big Bull 39
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
September 11th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Eh, he can fix some things, he and his dad did our back patio, he has replaced the inner workings on all of our toilets, but we have a plumbing leak in our master bath that we can't figure out, nor could a friend that is a plumber (although he thought he had fixed it), there is a hole in our family room ceiling because of it. He had never painted before, so my stepdad helped him paint DD1's room, now he knows how, but I have to decide what colors...lol! Lived in the house for almost 7 years and 2 rooms are painted, rest are builders white

He is pretty good at figuring it out, but he has no motivation usually.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search