So Hungry

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 12th, 2013, 05:59 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well the pregnancy hunger has hit me hard this morning. First I woke up sick of course that is what I do every morning but then I had 2 scrambled eggs and a piece of toast for breakfast. Then on my way to work I had to stop at McDonald's and get an egg mcmuffin and a sprite which I just ate and now I'm still hungry. If this keeps up I'm going to gain a ton of weight.

I'm still ready though to start waking up feeling ok and not feeling like crap. I can't remember when the nausea ended with Jacob. I think around 17 or 18 weeks so hopefully it shouldn't be much longer. I hate to complain but I'm pretty over the nausea. And now I feel pretty good since I'm feeling baby move some. That is the most reassuring feeling.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
September 12th, 2013, 07:53 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well if you're hungry, then eat! Don't worry about your weight. I remember times when I could just eat and eat and eat while pregnant. It helped to remember that about 25-30 lbs of your pregnancy weight gain is all baby-related. Uterus, placenta, amniotic fluid, almost 50% more blood in your body, even the bigger boob weigh more. So it's not really fat that you're putting on, it's baby stuff!
I hope the nausea goes away too, that's so hard to deal with.
melissalaw likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
September 12th, 2013, 08:15 AM
Thanks Joy!!

September 12th, 2013, 08:49 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Can you eat something for me? I'm still so nauseous. My stomach rumbles around 2 or 3 AM, but if I get up and eat something, I never fall back to sleep, so I've been ignoring it and going back to sleep. Once I wake up in the morning, I feel sick and that stays with me the whole day. I snack all day, but the sick feeling never goes away.

I would like to eat something of substance. dry toast, dry rice and crackers and watered down orange juice is getting to me.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
September 12th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Leia I'm so sorry that your still so sick. My problem is that I'm starving and then as soon as I eat I get nauseous. Hopefully in a few more weeks your appetite will come back and you'll be able to start eating more than just bland food. I remember only being able to eat saltine crackers and those get really old really fast.

September 12th, 2013, 02:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Enjoy it while,you can! I'm not super hungry yet.... I'm dreading the day I get there though. I'm already slightly overweight and I don't want to come home from the hospital too enormous.

And a sprite sounds downright delicious right now.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search