DH is back!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By melissalaw
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By melissalaw
  • 1 Post By Schofield06
  • 1 Post By Ame C
  • 1 Post By isawastar
  • 1 Post By melissalaw
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By AnnaBonana
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By melissalaw

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 16th, 2013, 08:36 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My DH got back last night, yay! And not a moment too soon---Ethan came down with a cold yesterday morning and Kody is getting it now too. He slept really restlessly last night, I think I got 6 hours split in half. Hello big cup of tea! Hah. Anyway I'm soo glad DH is here because that way I can leave Ethan to play with him and go and sleep with Kody this afternoon. I can usually catch a nap when it's just me and the kiddos, but then I have to worry about whether Ethan will fall asleep while I'm napping and wreck his bedtime. Plus Ethan usually tries to ask me something when I'm asleep so it's not always successful.
Anyway, we are all glad to have Daddy home--seems like I missed him more than usual.

I think I need to buy a few HPT's just to have for at home---I feel like I've been emotional lately (just a little) and I'm really hoping it's just nursing hormones. I've been taking birth control but we all know that's not 100% foolproof. I think I'm just being paranoid, but we don't plan on having any more kids because I don't think I could handle it.
melissalaw likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
September 16th, 2013, 08:54 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yay!! So glad your DH is home. I'm still in awe of you and how you do it. I can't imagine managing our household without DH for more than a day and you do it for weeks at a time. No go get some sleep and pray that birth control works. Birth control is not 100%. Jackson was conceived when I was on birth control so I know first hand that it doesn't always work. And I was still nursing Jacob when I got pregnant with this one so that definitely doesn't work as birth control even though we were trying to get pregnant I still thought the breastfeeding would make it harder.

And maybe you and DH can find some time to have some fun..lol. I know me and my DH always have a hard time finding the energy even when we have the time for mommy and daddy fun.
EverydayJoy likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
September 16th, 2013, 10:10 AM
The only way I do it is that we don't hardly go anywhere, haha. Unless we have to!
Yes it's always nice when we can make time for us, too, you almost have to schedule it sometimes when you have two kids!
melissalaw likes this.

September 16th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Yep we try to schedule it at least once a week!!
EverydayJoy likes this.

September 16th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad your DH is home!
I hope you birth control works and that everyone get's to feeling better too.
EverydayJoy likes this.
September 16th, 2013, 09:34 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
That would be a bit of a shocker to find out your pregnant after being on bc for a while. I took it for several years and never had any oopsies. It's hard to imagine how shocked I think I would have been if I had gotten pregnant before I was mentally ready for it. The shock would have worn off after a while but I think I would have been in disbelief for a long time... lol.

I'm glad your DH is home but boo on the kiddo's getting sick. It seems like some of you ladies barely catch your breath before something else happens to throw things off balance. I hope you get some restful naps in and the kids feel better asap.
EverydayJoy likes this.

September 17th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ame C View Post
That would be a bit of a shocker to find out your pregnant after being on bc for a while. I took it for several years and never had any oopsies. It's hard to imagine how shocked I think I would have been if I had gotten pregnant before I was mentally ready for it. The shock would have worn off after a while but I think I would have been in disbelief for a long time... lol.

I'm glad your DH is home but boo on the kiddo's getting sick. It seems like some of you ladies barely catch your breath before something else happens to throw things off balance. I hope you get some restful naps in and the kids feel better asap.
Amy I was really shocked when we got pregnant with Jackson. We had only been married about 6 months and were planning on waiting a while but now I'm so thankful that we got pregnant when we did otherwise I'm not sure if we would have ended up having 3 kids which is what we wanted.

September 18th, 2013, 04:37 AM
Aw, I'm glad it worked out for the best, Melissa.
Ugh, now I'm getting the kids' colds....and so far tonight I've had 2 hours of sleep. Kody had a fever in the night so I had to give him tylenol and of course he woke all the way up and tried to spit it out...sorry kiddo! And now he's awake on the floor playing. Ethan woke up at midnight because he had swallowed so much snot he felt sick. Then he threw up a couple times. That kid refuses to blow his nose! I don't know why it's preferable to swallow it...yuck! Anyway I told Josh I am DEFINITELY taking a nap today. If I'm lucky I can get another 3 hours sleep before morning....

September 18th, 2013, 04:51 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh I hope you get some sleep, and lots of it. Feel better soon.

September 18th, 2013, 04:58 AM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Ewwwy poor kiddos and mommy.. No bueno..
I hope you get a nice nap today, uninterrupted!

September 18th, 2013, 05:45 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I give you all the credit in the world for having a young one and a baby at home. My mom had 4 back to back, all 10 mos to 18 mos apart. No wonder why she then waited 6 years to have me after my 4 brothers. She's now in her late 70s and certifiably insane.

I hope DH gives you time for a nap and some r&r.

Wife to Big Bull 39
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
September 18th, 2013, 06:15 AM
Oh no Joy. I hope you and the kids start feeling better soon. Jackson does the same thing as Ethan. I can't get him to blow his nose either. he just snorts it back in. Jacob blows his nose better than Jackson does.

Hope you got some good sleep. I'm sure you need it.

September 18th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Thanks ladies. Went back to bed and got another 2 1/2 hours, and then Kody woke up at his usual time. Ethan woke up shortly after. I'm letting Josh sleep so that one of us can be rested, and so I can rely on him to be awake when I need a nap. Just gotta take life as it comes! I'm not too concerned about the lack of sleep since DH is here, that way all I have to do is go lay down when Kody sleeps. I was hoping for a better night's sleep though to try to head off this cold. I don't want to get all stuffed up and snotty because I'm not sure if I can take anything for it since I'm nursing. Annoying how the restriction on meds keeps going even after you give birth!

September 18th, 2013, 10:05 AM
isawastar's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm glad he's home, but man it sucks that the kids are sick and you're feeling bad too Hopefully you'll all feel better soon!

When I was little, I refused to blow my nose too. There were a couple of reasons! One was that I wasn't good at it, so it went into my mouth and grossed me out. The other is that it hurt when my head was really full and blowing my nose made my ears pop. Seriously, I was in my late teens before I stopped sniffing/wiping and actually started blowing my nose on a regular basis when sick!
EverydayJoy likes this.
September 18th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Well that explains why he doesn't like it!

September 19th, 2013, 06:19 AM
Joy I have a book called Medications and the Mother's Milk Medications and Mother's Milk 2012: A Manual of Lactational Pharmacology: Thomas W., Ph.D. Hale: 9780984774630: Amazon.com: Books

and you can look at http://kellymom.com/

Both of those are great resources for medications that are safe to take while nursing. I hate how even for a year or longer after baby is born you are still on so many restrictions as to what you can take. But you are doing what is best for baby and that is what matters.
EverydayJoy likes this.

September 20th, 2013, 07:09 AM
Thanks for that, Melissa!
melissalaw likes this.

September 20th, 2013, 04:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
((Hugs)) Joy! I hope everyone is feeling rested and less sick very soon! It sounds as though you do have a lot on your plate!

((Hugs))
EverydayJoy likes this.
September 22nd, 2013, 06:33 PM
We are all starting to feel better! Hubbs is off again but he started a new job, and will only be gone 5 days a week--home on weekends. That will be better, not perfect but better than what we were doing.
Most importantly, I am feeling better, haha. Helps me have more patience for the kids.
melissalaw likes this.

September 23rd, 2013, 06:14 AM
So glad that you are feeling better and that DH will be home on the weekends. I'm sure both you and the boys will enjoy seeing him more often.
EverydayJoy likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search