HELP!!! Low numbers, slow rising HCG

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 16th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Ok, so here's my story.

I am barely 5 weeks pregnant. I got my first BFP when I was onlyl 3 weeks 5 days preggo. Here are what my beta numbers have been:

9/4 VERY faint positive on FRER. Went to doctor next day.
9/5 31
9/9 25 (dipped. Thought chemical pregnancy)
9/11 45 (not chemical, but is it normal or ectopic)
9/13 61 (this test only 40 hours after first, so increase was still at least 66%)
9/16 107 (increase only 55%)

I had an ultrasound today and they can't see much. Didnt see anything in my tubes, but they can't say for sure. No pain. Had cramping (very mild) last week (Wed/Thurs/Fri/Sat) with a tiny bit of pink discharge, but that has now stopped.

Also, my last period was 8/9. I had a scan done on 9/5 and the doctor said there was no way I had ovulated more than 10 days ago and I was very early. So I dont know exactly when I ovulated, but it was no more than 10 days prior to that first beta (maybe even slightly less?). I got my first positive pregnancy test the day before on an FRER.

anyone else have screwy numbers early on in their pregnancy? If so, what were the numbers, dates and what was the outcome?
September 16th, 2013, 09:24 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That would be so nerve-wracking. I'm hoping the best for you! I wish I had more answers/help for you.
September 16th, 2013, 10:38 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
I've never had my betas monitored so I'm no help to you, but I wanted to send you my thoughts and prayers for a healthy baby and mommy. Good luck! I'm sorry you're dealing with this stress.
September 17th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't have any advice except to say perhaps the one that "dipped" was a lab error? Or the first one was a lab error? I wish I had more advice, what is your doctor saying about the numbers? Will you have another u/s in a week?

September 17th, 2013, 08:19 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have never been checked that early. I think my earliest HCG count was done at 14 dpo so I'm not alot of help. Do they rise really quickly in the beginning? I'm not sure. Is your dr having you come back in soon for another scan? I hope this baby is just a slow starter and your next scan goes great. Please let us know how your doing.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
September 17th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Just keep breathing.
The earliest betas I had were at 14dpo. They were also slow rising for the first week of monitoring, and then picked up. It went from 129 on 14dpo, 181 on 16dpo, 270 on 19dpo, then 870ish on 21dpo. But unfortunately it was a blighted ovum. I"m sorry I dont' have a success story to share. I know how agonizing it is to be where you are right now. You're not alone!
September 19th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Thank you ladies. My number went back down yesterday. Down to 97. I go back tomorrow for another blood test to see if the number goes up or down. Either way we are losing the baby. If my number goes down they will just continue monitoring my numbers until they go to zero. If the number goes up again after this second drop, they suspect ectopic and will give me methotrexate. I am hoping the number just goes down so my body can naturally miscarry. The doc said after getting methotrexate you have to wait three months to try again.

For those who've had numbers fall, how soon after they fell did you actually miscarry? Or for those who've had methotrexate, how soon after the shot did you miscarry/bleed/

Thanks ladies
September 19th, 2013, 11:50 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh honey I'm so sorry that you are losing the baby. I wish none of us ever had to go through that. I had a D and C so I didn't miscarry naturally. I hope your numbers drop on their own and you don't have an ectopic.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
September 19th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
I'm so sorry you're going through this. Sending you my T&P and deepest sympathy. ((hugs))
September 19th, 2013, 02:05 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh no!!! I'm so sorry!!!!
I don't know how long it takes until you start to miscarry. I had a baby pass away at 7 1/2 weeks and my body didn't know anything was wrong until 12 weeks. But I think because your numbers are dropping that indicates your body is aware and is beginning the process. I hate that you are experiencing this. Did you already have a prior loss too? This is so hard.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
September 19th, 2013, 09:59 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just wanted to say how sorry I'am for your impending loss. I have been there as well, and beta hell is just that, hell. I pray for a quick recovery for you and for your hcg to drop naturally.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

September 19th, 2013, 10:15 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just wanted to say I'm sorry and send hugs. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

September 20th, 2013, 05:43 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you are going through this. I had my betas monitored once but starting at 6wks. They steadily went down. 300, 180, 80, 60, 30, 5, 0. It took 2 weeks. Very natural, but painful but physically and emotionally. Dh and I tried to maintain as much of a normal life as possible. I continued work, took our son to soccer practice, chores, etc while the whole thing happened. It helped keep my mind off of it.

It is never easy.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
September 20th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry! I've never had my beta's monitored, so i don't know when they started dropping. Both of my miscarriages happened weeks after the heart stopped, but mine were a little further along as well.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search