Anterior Placenta

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Ame C
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By Sunrise

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 18th, 2013, 06:11 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Anybody else have an anterior placenta or had one in a prior pregnancy? I'm just wondering if the movement will pick up when baby gets bigger. I feel baby every now and again but not a whole lot. On the last 2 ultrasounds I have had baby was standing on his head, already in the position I want him in although I'm sure he's still moving and the only really little kicks I feel are at the very top of my uterus. He will give that a wack every so often.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
September 18th, 2013, 06:26 AM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
I haven't but I specifically remember a lady in my old ddc saying she had one with her baby (first time mom). I'm almost positive she started feeling definite kicks around 22-23 weeks and by 30 weeks she was making posts practically everyday about how much her baby moved around. It sounded to me like the only difference is you don't start feeling the movements until later, then once baby grows bigger you feel the kicks and wiggles like normal. Hopefully someone who has actually had an anterior placenta will give you some feedback on it.
melissalaw likes this.

September 18th, 2013, 06:32 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is what I think will happen Amy. I see my regular OB next Wednesday so I'm going to see what he says.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
September 18th, 2013, 07:22 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had an anterior placenta with 2 of my 7 kids, and it sucked!! I did not feel those good flutters until about 15wks with my 4th baby (other ones before her were much earlier) and then definite kicks until about 20wks. She was also very lazy the whole pregnancy, making it even that much more nerve racking. My 7th (born last year) also had the anterior placenta and although I felt flutters early, once the placenta got big, I no longer felt much of anything until about 19.5wks! He was also lazy until about 32wks when he got more active, but it was horribly nerve racking.

Anterior Placenta + PAL= A very nervous mom!!

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

September 18th, 2013, 08:39 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yup had anterior placentas with both pregnancies. I didn't really feel kicks until 20 weeks. The nice thing (to me) about the anterior placenta was that I didn't really get any super painful kicks from either of my boys. It could have been just that they were easy-going in the womb as well, but they never woke me up kicking me, and never really any hugely painful kicks either.
melissalaw likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
September 18th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
In early preg placenta may appear anterior, but as uterus stretches and grows placenta ends up in a different place. Mine was anterior, now it's on the right side. I felt kicks pretty early for a first timer (18w) and considering I had a placenta blocking. I'm sorry you're stressed. I hope your placenta moves too
melissalaw likes this.

September 25th, 2013, 11:54 PM
I did not feel those good flutters until about 15wks with my 4th baby.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search