Appt. today.

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By AnnaBonana
  • 1 Post By Ame C
  • 1 Post By Ame C
  • 1 Post By melissalaw
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 2 Post By Boos Moo
  • 1 Post By Schofield06

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 19th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know how to link my post from my DDC (april 14) in here, but it was long so I won't repeat it all here. But after a small scare to start off with (tech didn't know I was prego and wasn't talking to us), it ended up being a good appointment. He said he didn't think the fluid and the cyst were anything to worry about, but since he's a tech I technically have to wait for the doctor to call to go over the results (or I could have waited 2 hours upstairs for a doctor there to go over them with me). So relieved.

September 19th, 2013, 09:18 PM
One thing the tech mentioned was that I have a subchorionic hemotoma. Which to be honest I didn't really know what it was at the time. He didn't seem like it was a big deal and says they often take care of themselves and I could have more bleeding. Well stupid me, went and searched what sch was and now I'm a little freaked out. I'm hoping since he said mine was small that it will take care of itself and not cause any issues, but thinking if they doctor doesn't call tomorrow to go over the results I'll be calling them. Darn internet.

September 20th, 2013, 03:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
((Hugs)) SCH is pretty common from what I've read here and it does seem scary. I hope yours resolves quickly and doesn't cause you too much concern.

Glad you are feeling relieved after the appointment. I hope your doc gets back to you quickly!
Boos Moo likes this.
September 20th, 2013, 03:29 AM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
During my time on this website I have come to know many women who have had SCH and they go on to have healthy happy little babies. I wouldn't let that worry you too much. Sure it's not going to make you feel good.. but it's something that isn't usually life threatening to the baby and very rarely causes much of an issue besides some bleeding.

Thinking of you and your little one. Hang in there ((hugs))
Boos Moo likes this.

September 20th, 2013, 04:37 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know much about SCH but I've read many posts from ladies over the years who have had them and went on to have healthy babies. It's so hard at this stage to relax and try to think good thoughts. I think for many woman they are told to keep their activity on the light side and rest often.

T&Ps for you and your LO.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
September 20th, 2013, 05:29 AM
Thanks so much. DH has had me on light duty since we got our BFP. It would just be nice to get the doctor's opinion. I'm (sadly) just a worrier.

September 20th, 2013, 05:34 AM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
It's extremely hard not to worry when we have been through the unimaginable. Pregnancy after loss is a very worrisome period of time whether you are a natural worrier or not. Trust me, we all understand. It's very emotional. xxx
Boos Moo likes this.

September 20th, 2013, 06:17 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The other ladies are right about the SCH. While the bleeding is super scary it doesn't really harm the baby and most of them will correct themselves. I have a lady in my DDC and she had one but it has now corrected itself.

So glad that you are relieved after your appointment today. That reassurance is so nice during a pregnancy after a loss.
Boos Moo likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
September 20th, 2013, 07:14 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a small SCH with my pregnancy with Kody, early on in the pregnancy. I had spotting with that, it went on for several weeks (and freaked me out) but the doc explained it was common and not to worry. I asked if she suggested any change in my activities but she said no. I just sort of took it a little easy on my own and DH and I stayed away from each other for a few weeks (until the spotting resolved) because it made us feel better about it.

There was even a woman in our DDC that had a massive SCH, who had a huge bleed partway through her pregnancy and was sure she was losing the baby (she didn't know she had an SCH prior to the bleed). Her baby came out perfectly healthy and full term. So even in the case of a scary-big SCH, you can still have a good outcome. Hang in there!
Boos Moo likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
September 20th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Thanks - I do feel better now. Just going to take it easy until my next appt. and see what they say about it. All my activities this week are things that just require me driving and sitting and are very short things (like an hour to run the cash register at the book fair one day and taking DD to her bowling league). So pretty easy stuff. Thanks for the kind words - so glad I found this group it really makes it easier having people who've btdt or can relate.
EverydayJoy and Ame C like this.

September 20th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry the sch is making you nervous. It would me too, but most ladies I've seen have them they do get better. Taking things easy and relaxing sounds like a good plan.
Boos Moo likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search