Cat is out of the bag..

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Sunrise
  • 1 Post By Ame C

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 22nd, 2013, 04:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So at work people are finally noticing my bump.In regular public there is no hiding it, I think it's huge but in my work clothes- no one was asking so I was happy to stay hush hush. It's scary. And a lot of the ladies at work are lucky and have had back to back & preg on first try pregnancies and have no idea how one may be anxious about loss. But I still am. And it's easy to see I'm not a "normal" woman carelessly assuming all will be ok. And I accept that- and so I do t want to make a big deal at work- bc I know there is at least someone else that in our (loss) shoes-
EverydayJoy and Boos Moo like this.

September 22nd, 2013, 06:35 AM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
You were able to keep it secret for quite a while. My tummy popped out way too fast... but I would have liked to keep it hidden from at least a few people for much much longer than I was able to.

Is it at least kind of nice not having to hide the topic from your co-workers anymore? Or would you have preferred to keep it hush hush for a little while longer? Yay for cat being out of the bag, and I hope no one ends up saying anything stupid or insensitive to you.
Sunrise likes this.
September 22nd, 2013, 07:30 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am the same. I want to hide it for as long as possible because of my previous losses I really don't feel up to talking about things this early on. But I'm already popping! I can't believe how big I'm getting so fast. Wishing you sticky dust and that everyone at work (and elsewhere) remember your feelings.

September 22nd, 2013, 02:23 PM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, I WISH I could hide my bump. This week I EXPLODED! None of my clothes fit, not even my bigger clothes I bought when my regular clothes got tight. At my scan on Thursday, the OB said my uterus was all the way out and up to my belly button. I said "Well that explains alot".

I'm not nearly as far along as you are and I'm trying to wear loose clothes that aren't maternity clothes, KWIM? I have only a few shirts, so I save those for when I'm around MIL, who if I could, I wouldn't tell until AFTER the baby was born.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
September 22nd, 2013, 08:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
In regular clothes you could tell for quite some time, but my work uniforms were quite forgiving. Even with a belly band underneath!

September 23rd, 2013, 10:09 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You were able to keep it quite for awhile. I am now showing and you can tell that I'm pregnant and I'm about 6 weeks behind you. it is hard being pregnant after a loss and alot of people just don't understand that. If you've never suffered a loss then it is so hard to understand the pain.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
September 23rd, 2013, 03:07 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, I don't think I could have kept it quiet that long. I hope everyone is understanding at your work.
September 24th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Eleanor-Abigail's Avatar Keep Calm and Baby Dance
*i'm lurking SO much on this board today! Wishful thinking, LOL...*

I've seen lots of non-pregnant women recently wearing long shirts/tunics w/ leggings (Capri leggings, so cute!). There are also lots of non-maternity shirts w/ wraps, empire waist, etc. that maybe could hide a bump if long enough. A friend of mine due any day w/ #2 (had a loss before & after #1) her bump until almost the 2nd trimester that way.

If/when lightning strikes again, I'm going to be so stealth, like a pregnant Ninja!

2, 4, 6, 8...c'mon body, ovulate!

Nov '12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search