Wwyd? - Update on SIL and Baby

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 25th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
That's insane... I'm really glad everything seems to be going well now for mommy and baby. I agree, that was quite the ordeal.

October 1st, 2013, 12:29 AM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
That sounds like a nightmare delivery. I can't believe an OB would allow those harsh interventions followed by such a long period of time with lack of progress and not discuss the option of a c-section. I'm so thankful the baby is okay. As I was reading through this thread, I was getting more and more concerned that there wasn't going to be a happy ending.

October 2nd, 2013, 12:02 PM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My SIL had to race back to the hospital last Friday and Saturday because the baby turned Jaundice. She went to three different hospitals before she got someone to treat the baby and take an U/S of the baby's head after the suctioning to get her out during delivery.

The baby is home, doing well and on formula to boost her Vit D, much to the dismay of my Psycho MIL who insists that all babies be breastfed until they go to college.

This week SIL is feeling the tension and strain of being a new mom. She's asked that her friends and family come over every day and help her care for the baby, cook her dinner and stay with her until her DH comes home from work.

We'll try to get over there this week with a cooked meal to help her out, but she has many more years of care-giving, I hope she realizes that being a mom isn't about people admiring her big belly, giving her pretty baby things and congratulating her on her beautiful baby. I'm afraid she has a long learning curve ahead of her.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
October 2nd, 2013, 10:06 PM
Not that age has much to do with maturity now a-days, but I'm curious how old your SIL is?
I'm glad baby and mommy are "okay" and hope things continue to improve for the both of them as time goes on and she falls more into the roles of parenthood.

October 3rd, 2013, 06:01 AM
SIL is 35. Like you said, age has not much to do with maturing. She didn't move out of her parents house until a year after she was married - 2 years ago. Up until then, her parents did absolutely everything for her.

I guess I have a bit of a sour taste in my mouth for her and her husband. I left my parents house more than 20 years ago and have never had so much as a penny from them since. I've managed everything on my own and have had some really hard times, but never had them or anyone else come to my aid. She just hasn't had that kind of life and continues to get pampered by everyone around her. Even so, I wouldn't want to be her. I like my independence and strength.
Ame C likes this.

Wife to Big Bull 40

October 3rd, 2013, 08:07 AM
I know those feelings and that bitter taste all too well. I too have been on my own for quite some time. Since I was 16 (10 years ago). I will admit there are times I went to my parents for help but they haven't given me a penny since I left their home. One of my sisters on the other hand... spoiled rotten and I mean rotten! She's one of those people who has to complain about her life on a daily basis on facebook and I'm sitting in the shadows thinking "If only you knew what REAL problems are." But then the angel on my shoulder tells me everyone has their problems and although they might be small to me they are big to her.

Sorry I'm jibber jabbering... but yea, some people need that slap in the face wake up call. AND they need people to stop doing everything for them so they can try doing things on their own for once.

October 3rd, 2013, 09:33 AM
Oh yes! why is it that we all have siblings like that? How I would LOVE to see my SIL shoveling chicken poop, slaughtering turkeys, picking beans and cooking dinner. Then lets see her complain about her friggin MANICURE!!!!
EverydayJoy and Ame C like this.

Wife to Big Bull 40

October 3rd, 2013, 10:28 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry she is such a pampered princess. I'm sure motherhood (I hope) will help take her down a peg. Maybe when people get tired of running to help her with her baby after a month or so, then she will get her trial by fire!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search