My appointment update

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By momof8lopez
  • 1 Post By lelila
  • 1 Post By humnck
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 2 Post By Ame C
  • 1 Post By Boos Moo
  • 1 Post By melissalaw
  • 1 Post By Schofield06
  • 1 Post By Sunrise
  • 1 Post By AimeeD041727

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 24th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
I went yesterday and had a few concerns that I wanted checked. I did a self examination a couple weeks ago because I had some weird painful pulsing sensations in my va-jayjay. When I checked, it was hard to tell, but it felt like my cervix was slightly open. On top of that I have a lot of discharge and wanted to have it tested to make sure I'm not leaking amniotic fluids. I guess sometimes it pays to be paranoid because the doctor checked my cervix and said it was open a little bit. Nothing to worry about yet, but if it opens up more it could be something to worry. He is going to have to keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't get worse. He also did a cotton swab test to check my cervical fluids and turns out I have a bacterial infection. He wrote me a script for a med called Flagyl to treat it. He acted like it wasn't an issue at all but one of the women from my PR said her water broke early due to a bacterial infection... so I'm glad this was caught before it got bad/dangerous. I had no idea I had an infection. I haven't noticed any weird smells in my discharge or any pain or itching... there's just a lot of fluids. I feel like I'm constantly wet.

Other than that everything seems to be going well. I had the 1 hour gestational diabetes test done yesterday but don't know the results of that yet. Oh, something that was really strange... after my appointment I felt like I had been hit by a train or something! I was so achy and sore! My pelvis was really bothering me when I walked. It was grinding together way more than it has been the past few months. I feel much better today, but wow.. it was really bad yesterday.

I think that's pretty much everything to report.

September 24th, 2013, 11:36 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So glad you went in and got checked out! Praying the infection clears up quickly and your cervix does nothing more! Having had a baby already, your cervix is usually open at least fingertip, and that is perfectly normal. Get some rest and stay off your feet till the infection clears up!!
Ame C likes this.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

September 24th, 2013, 12:28 PM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so glad you went and got checked out. How scary. I get alot of discharge too and asked the OB and she said it was normal. I had her swab it anyway at my appt last.

Please keep up posted. And rest up!
Ame C likes this.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
September 24th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
With both girls I had a lot of discharge as well, it was just normal for me, no infections or anything, so after the infection, you still may have some discharge, or a lot. Glad they got the infection, could it have been caused by your self check? Just wondering, because checking yourself can introduce bacteria.
Ame C likes this.

September 24th, 2013, 02:43 PM
I don't know what caused it and I didn't ask. I read online that it could have been a number of things, taking baths being one of them. I still take baths 2-3 times a week (in between showering) so I was thinking maybe that could be why? Not trying to spout out TMI, but DH also touches me, so I was thinking maybe it could have been from his hands not being clean enough? I mentioned that to him and he said now we can't mess around at all. We cut back on all of our sexual activities because him and I are both scared to hurt the baby. We pretty much only do oral and touching, and now it looks like I wont be getting any of that either... lol, sorry TMI I know.. Looks like it will be 5+ months before I get any "action". Booo!

September 24th, 2013, 03:24 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
As far as I know, you don't have to worry about touching with you and hubbs, usually your vag is self-cleaning and takes care of its own issues. Something you could do is take probiotics, that helps keep the good bacteria/flora in your vag strong, so that they keep the bad bacteria in check. Especially if you're going to be on antibiotics, I would do probiotics after that.
I can understand being scared, but I think if hubbs does a good hand-washing prior to with antibacterial soap you should be free and clear to do what you want. And if you're worried about oral, just have him gargle with some Listerine! That will kill any bacteria for sure!

Hope that helps--depriving yourself of fun is no fun for anyone!

I'm glad the doc caught the infection before it got serious. From what I understand, bacterial vaginosis is common, but I had no idea it could cause labor.

During pregnancy I always had a lot of discharge too, I think that's pretty normal and wouldn't necessarily be a sign of a problem.

Oh and another thing---this may be TMI too but the weird pulsing pain might just be part of pregnancy--the vajayjay can get kind swollen because of the pressure from baby, and the slower circulation can cause blood to pool a bit in the pelvic area, so it can feel kind of like a throbbing feeling. I recall feeling that way at times with Ethan's pregnancy.
Ame C likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
September 24th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Hahah yea, I don't think I could go that long depriving myself from any "fun".
My dr did mention that the pulsing can be normal but if it's painful to call the office. I remember having the pulsing pains before but shrugged it off in the past. I guess I just wanted the reassurance that everything was okay. I'm glad we found out about the BV. I'm wondering how long I've had it...? I haven't noticed any symptoms except the excessive discharge.

Probiotics is a good idea. I know I haven't been eating hardly anything that has them. I did a search and it says yogurt (duh), pickles, olives, and dark chocolate have probiotics in them (along with other foods). Now I have a good excuse to munch out on some dark chocolate hahah!

September 25th, 2013, 05:14 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well treat yourself to some dark chocolate mama! Glad they got the infection detected and are treating it. And I hope you and DH are able to get some 'fun' in soon
Ame C likes this.

September 25th, 2013, 05:56 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Amy glad that you got checked out. I'm praying that your cervix doesn't open up any more. I am anal and always make DH wash his hands before we fool around. He works with his hands all day and is not the greatest at washing them so I just make him wash them. He just laughs and does it. I was on bedrest with Jacob for 6 weeks so we went 6 weeks plus the 6 weeks after he was born with no sex or fooling around and that was the longest 12 weeks of my life. I did help DH out a time our 2 but I think he felt guilty because I couldn't get any..lol.

I had a bladder infection a couple of weeks ago and the meds cleared it up right away so I'm sure yours will clear up your infection also. I know you are more susceptible to infection during pregnancy. I wonder though why you wouldn't have felt any pain at all though.

On a side note I've got my beads ready to mail. Hoping to get to to the post office tomorrow. I'll pm when I get them in the mail.
EverydayJoy likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
September 25th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad you got checked out and were able to take care of everything! I hope your cervix doesn't open more!
Ame C likes this.
September 25th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry ame! I'm glad doctor gave you time and checked you. It is true about early labor from infections. I'm kinda crazy about the hand and body washing before DTD. But maybe this thread is a little motivation for all of us to add a little probiotics in our lives feel better soon!
Ame C likes this.

September 26th, 2013, 06:42 AM
AimeeD041727's Avatar PowerPuffGirls
Try and take it easy Mama! I'm glad you went to the doctor. Just remember that is why they are there. Hopefully the infection will clear up soon.
Ame C likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search