Stretch Mark Prevention

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By momof8lopez
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 25th, 2013, 06:05 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For Pregnant Ladies: Are you doing anything to help prevent stretch marks?

For Mommies: Did you do anything during your pregnancy to prevent stretch marks? Did it work? Would you recommend it to other ladies.

During both of my pregnancies with my boys I used Bio Oil and Muscle Oil by Mario Badecsu and somehow I got no stretch marks. My mother has then really bad so I just knew that I was going to get them. I also tried to stay really hydrated and gain weight slowly (which didn't always work..lol). And somehow doing that worked. I also exercise alot so I think that helps also.

I have been doing the same thing during this pregnancy and I hope that it works.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
September 25th, 2013, 07:06 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hmm...I was under the impression that if you were going to get them, you'd get them anyway. Who knows?
I never did anything to prevent, myself. With Ethan, I only got a few stretch marks that were under my underwear line. Like seriously only 5 stretch marks total. With Kody, I now have a handful of them on either side of my belly. Still waiting for them to fade all the way. They've started to fade some.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
September 25th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
With my first pregnancy a used a lotion with coco butter in it. It didn't work because I was covered in stretch marks. While I was pregnant I hated them, and this may sound weird, but once I lost Clyde I really appreciated the stretch marks and didn't mind having them at all. Within 3 months pp they faded and became clear in color.

I'm not using anything now to prevent them. I occasionally put lotion on my stomach but it's not to prevent anything, it's to moisturize and smell pretty. I do have some stretchies that are starting to turn pink/red again and I'm sure I will get loads more but I'm not worried about it. I'm one of those weird women who now appreciates her stripes. No I don't show them off and flaunt them around in belly shirts and tube tops, but I wear them with pride.

September 25th, 2013, 12:59 PM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I used pure cocoa butter and didn't get any stretch marks. For this pregnancy, I'm really worried about my scars. I have so many from my surgeries - and some are big, I'm afraid they will stretch and pull and be so out of shape after I deliver. They are already ugly, I can't imagine what they'll look like afterwards.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
September 25th, 2013, 03:44 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ame C View Post
With my first pregnancy a used a lotion with coco butter in it. It didn't work because I was covered in stretch marks. While I was pregnant I hated them, and this may sound weird, but once I lost Clyde I really appreciated the stretch marks and didn't mind having them at all. Within 3 months pp they faded and became clear in color.

I'm not using anything now to prevent them. I occasionally put lotion on my stomach but it's not to prevent anything, it's to moisturize and smell pretty. I do have some stretchies that are starting to turn pink/red again and I'm sure I will get loads more but I'm not worried about it. I'm one of those weird women who now appreciates her stripes. No I don't show them off and flaunt them around in belly shirts and tube tops, but I wear them with pride.
Yup, me too. After having had 7 kids already and my 8th on the way, I have some that are pretty deep and red, but even my dr. commented on how beautiful my skin is for having so many kids. Mine are all pretty much below the bellybutton, but even if they were not, Im 42yrs old......tube top, bikinis, and anything to show the stomache is a no, no, lol. I have done nothing to prevent them in any of my pregnancy's......I think people inherit good stretchy skin genes, and some do not!
Ame C likes this.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

September 25th, 2013, 05:15 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Amy, I can totally understand being happy you had them after Clyde passed. It probably felt like it was something you had that connected you to him, that proved to everyone that you did carry a baby for 9 months, and something you keep forever.
Ame C likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search