Drs Appointments

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 25th, 2013, 08:44 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Pregnant Ladies: Do you go to most of your dr's appointments alone or does Dh or someone else go with you? if you go alone would you rather have someone else go with you?

Mommies: When you were pregnant did you go to most of your appointments alone or did someone else go with you? Are you the one that takes your kids to most of their dr's appointments or does someone else do it?

I usually have to go to my dr's appointments alone. DH is always working and it's hard for him to get off. I would much rather he go with me but most of the time that's just not possible.

With my pregnancy with Jacob DH rarely went to any of my appointments but when I was pregnant with Jackson he went to all of my dr's appointments. I guess since he was our first and we weren't sure what to expect DH wanted to go more plus he had a different job then and it made it easier for him to go.

I'm still so thankful that DH was with me the day we found out we had lost our baby. Dh wasn't going to go but I really wanted him there for some reason so he went and now I'm so thankful.

I take our boys to all of their dr's appointments. It's just easier than DH trying to get off work to do it.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
September 25th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
DH goes with me to the exciting ones, but all the other ones I go to alone. I wish he could go to all of them.

September 25th, 2013, 01:15 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My DH wasn't really able to go to many of the appointments, because of him working and gone long stretches. On a side note, he started a new job that will probably have him home almost every night!

I'm the one who takes the kids to any appointment they have. Ethan always goes wild at the doctor's office so I try to leave him home with someone whenever I can (unless of course the appointment is for him). When I was pregnant with Kody, my mom would come watch Ethan for me so I could go to OB appts in peace.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
September 25th, 2013, 02:38 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My DH goes with me to my appointments now. He didn't go to the first on with my first loss. I never wanted to do that again. Now that I'm a little more confident with this pregnancy, and the appointments will probably get more boring he may not come to all of them anymore. It'll depend on when they get scheduled and if he's working his 2nd job or not. I won't try to reschedule so he's off now. He can't request off there yet.
September 25th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my other pregnancies DH went to most of the appts. Probably about 90% of them. So far with this one he's been to all of the appts, he didn't go with me to the ER when I went in because we don't really have anyone during the mornings to leave DD with. I try to schedule all my stuff during the mornings so he can go.

September 25th, 2013, 05:38 PM
Veteran
DH has been to most of them. Due to our past, I just feel better with him there.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search