For Mommies: Blankets

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By geogeek
  • 1 Post By AnnaBonana
  • 2 Post By lelila
  • 1 Post By Ame C
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By lelila

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 26th, 2013, 07:21 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
At what age did you start letting your little ones use a blanket when they slept?

Jacob is 17 months and he still does not use a blanket. I put him in PJ's that are long sleeved so I really don't think he needs one yet. He has one for nap time but he always just throws it off which makes me think he doesn't really want one right now.

Jackson started using one at 18 months and now he is so attached to that darn thing. He can't go anywhere with out blankie..lol. That is one think I am trying to avoid with Jacob.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
September 26th, 2013, 07:34 AM
AimeeD041727's Avatar PowerPuffGirls
All of my kids were older, probably 18 months. Santino has a little lovie but that just stays with him in the carseat and bouncer.

September 27th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Addy was born in the heat of the summer, so she didn't start using blankets until it was cooler out, but she has been using one since she was about 4 months old.

Reagan was born in the winter and we swaddled her in blankets from the beginning and then it was summertime, she didn't start using blankets until she was more like 8 months.

September 27th, 2013, 03:37 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I put a blanket over Kody's lower legs when he sleeps, since he was little. When he was smaller I swaddled him.

Ethan coslept with us till he was a year old, and then had a blanket in his crib after that. He usually kicks them off though too.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
September 27th, 2013, 04:44 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Marsi still kicks hers off at almost 2 years old. I have always had a blanket with her. She was born in fall so she was swaddled for months and then no blanket for summer. Then blanket again with long sleeved footie PJs during the winter.
EverydayJoy likes this.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

September 27th, 2013, 07:45 PM
I love footie PJ's. They are so cute on kids. I can't believe that you can pretty much buy them for almost every age, even for adults lol. I guess everyone loves footed PJ's!

September 28th, 2013, 04:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Can I just say, our upstairs is much cooler than downstairs, and I can't wait to have whole collections of footie pajamas! They come in so many patterns, themes, colours....

Our baby will have more Jammies than clothes, LOL.
EverydayJoy likes this.

DD #1 born April 5, 2013; 9 lbs 11 oz
Baby # 2 due late July 2015.... Shhhhhh! Facebook doesn't know yet!
September 28th, 2013, 07:26 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm about the same as others, about 18 mos or 2 years. I have a WHOPPER of a story to tell you about blankets though. Get a load of this.

When DS was a wee little thing, I don't think he was 2 mos, we had his bassinet downstairs near the dining room so he could nap close to us during the day, and my CRAZY MIL was over for the afternoon/evening. DS was napping and I went over to check on him and there was a knitted blanket, come out of nowhere, UNDER his head and wrapped OVER his face. I screamed and grabbed the blanket and pulled it away from him. I checked him for breathing and made sure he was ok. I started yelling "Who put that blanked under his head?" over and over again.

So my MIL comes in and says "He NEEDS a pillow. ALL my kids had pillows when they were babies". I looked at her like she had 8 heads and told her under no uncertain terms was she to ever touch my child again and that he will NEVER have a pillow. DH told her to leave that decision up to me.

I was SHAKING with rage. I thought she had suffocated him. She continued to do crazy crap like that whenever she was around - letting him go to sleep with a sippy cup of CHOCOLATE MILK when he was 2, giving him a cup of crackers in his crib once, all sorts of stupid, unsafe stuff. And she wondered why we didn't pick her to be his daily caregiver when I went back to work.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
September 28th, 2013, 08:35 AM
My God. I'm glad your baby was ok. That's just nutso. Did she put it over his face too, or did he just flail his arms and end up getting it over his face?

September 28th, 2013, 02:30 PM
He must have moved his arms around and got it caught on his fingers and pulled it over his face. The blanket was homemade knitted, you know the kind, with lots of holes in it, so it's easy to catch on something. My dog ended up eating part of it. Oops.
EverydayJoy and Ame C like this.

Wife to Big Bull 40

September 28th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Oh wow, that's totally horrifying! I'm VERY glad he was fine!! I'm so scared my MIL will try to do stupid stuff like that. Shes got a serious case of the crazies too!
lelila likes this.
September 28th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Good dog.
lelila likes this.

September 30th, 2013, 06:08 AM
Yep, My MIL is certifiable at this point. Every week it's a "Well MY kids all had..." and "Well MY kids didn't need..." Can someone please remind this woman that her kids were born 40 years ago before ultrasounds, FDA approved formula, safety standards and when women were still taking thalidomide for morning sickness. HELLO!
EverydayJoy likes this.

Wife to Big Bull 40

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search