Belly Poking

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 1st, 2013, 10:30 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you ever poke your belly to get baby to move? Will baby move when you do poke your belly? Do you think that you are bothering baby when you poke your belly?

Momma's: Did you poke your belly when you were pregnant? Would baby move?

I have poked my belly in all of my pregnancies and I'm guessing that it does bother baby. I will usually do it when I lay down at night to see if baby will kick or move. This little guy will usually move around if I poke my belly. I did it when I was pregnant with Jacob if I hadn't felt him move in awhile just to make sure he was doing ok in there.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
October 1st, 2013, 02:11 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have done this some. I don't think baby is really big enough to feel it most of the time. Or maybe I just don't feel baby move when I do it? I think it's probably a surprise or not too comfortable and that's why baby moves.
October 1st, 2013, 02:30 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I haven't this pregnancy. Still too early in my book. But, with Marsi, I did it all the time. Yeah, I probably bothered her, but I needed to feel her move.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

October 1st, 2013, 05:28 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I did it with Kody. I would push on him a little when he had been quiet for too long just to make sure he was ok. I figure I probably just woke him up from a nap, but being as how babies in utero can sleep whenever they want, I didn't worry too much about it!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
October 1st, 2013, 06:34 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
I poked Clyde but I'm carrying this baby differently, either that or he's just a lot bigger. About 75% of the time I can literally feel what position Toren is in by touching my stomach. I can feel his head, back, butt and occasionally his legs. I don't poke him hardly at all but I do touch him a lot. DH likes to tickle him to get him riled up (which tickles me too and makes me laugh, then my belly jiggles from the laugh and probably disturbs Toren even more and causes him to kick and wiggle).

I like to assume all the kicks and wiggles are "good" responses but I'm sure there are some times when he is throwing a baby-fit and I'm blissfully unaware.
October 1st, 2013, 09:49 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I poke too, and sometimes when he's sleeping hard, I can't get him to move back, lol. He's a deep sleeper. This makes me move him even more until he does respond back!

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search