False Negative?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Ame C
  • 1 Post By humnck
  • 1 Post By melissalaw

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 6th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Jessghetti's Avatar New Mommy in Training
So as you guys know I had my Mirena IUD removed last month around the 4th and I did end up having a period about 4-5 days later. Me and DH decided to NTNP this cycle, I didn't really think much about it since I am still BFing Chelsea (weaning has been difficult) and we were using the pull-out method.

Well I started having some very familiar pregnancy-like symptoms, having a spare 'Early Detection' test on hand from a previous month and getting antsy about waiting, I decided to test mid-day on the 4th of this month. I did have quite a bit to drink before-hand and well, I got a negative. Now here it is the day of my expected period and still no signs at all of it starting.

I'm not really sure how soon my periods will resume normally, usually without B/C I had clock-work like periods, even on b/c I would still have periods fairly regularly and I started a period right after I had my IUD removed. So I am anticipating it as usual.

At any rate, the anticipation and not knowing is kind of nerve-wracking, I am excited but kind of nervous if somehow I am pregnant again. I hate not knowing or being confused about what my body is doing

Update: Well it's been a couple days now and still no period. I am probably going to wait until next Sunday or Monday to test. Testing is exciting but I try not to waste money on pregnancy tests too much since DH thinks I worry too much about it.

Missing Angels: Sept '11 - 4 weeks & Nov '11 - 4 weeks 3 days

Last edited by Jessghetti; October 9th, 2013 at 10:19 PM. Reason: updating status
October 6th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Oh my goodness, how can you contain your curiosity? I would have taken more tests by now, lol
Time to go shopping for some pee sticks!! FX for you!
humnck likes this.
October 6th, 2013, 05:30 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would probably wait a day (or more if possible) and test again. I know for me in the past my cycle goes from 24 - 36 days which made it really hard to pinpoint when to test. Wishing you the best.

October 6th, 2013, 06:33 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would be POAS like crazy, too. Maybe try again with first morning pee?

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
October 6th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm a test a holic... S I would have taken about six by now, LOL. If you're patient, wait a day and take another.

Good luck!

DD #1 born April 5, 2013; 9 lbs 11 oz
Baby # 2 due late July 2015.... Shhhhhh! Facebook doesn't know yet!
October 7th, 2013, 07:00 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well then test again!!! I know I was still breastfeeding Jacob when I got pregnant with this baby and my cycles were all over the place so maybe that is affecting your cycle. But I would definitely get some more tests and take them. If not for you then do it for us..lol.

good Luck.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
October 7th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm with many of the other ladies, I am a POASaholic! I would be POAS every morning...lmao! It could be too early to tell since you aren't sure exactly how long your cycle was/is. Good luck!
melissalaw likes this.

October 7th, 2013, 12:42 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Too funny Cary. I love POAS!! My favorite thing about TTC other than maybe the BDing.
humnck likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
October 7th, 2013, 03:04 PM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hate testing. I'm SO pessimistic, not only do I expect a negative, but I expect the little face to start laughing at me and then disappear in flames.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
October 7th, 2013, 04:44 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would have tested again by now too. If you're cycles are just off still it could just be too early for your period, but I'd be testing like crazy either way. Good luck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search