Heartburn

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 8th, 2013, 06:47 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Pregnant Ladies: Anybody else getting heartburn? What are you taking for it and have you found anything that seems to help.

Mommies: Did you have heartburn during your pregnancies? What did you take for it?

Last night I ate a hamburger for dinner and about 2 hours later I got heartburn so bad that I thought I was going to die. I tried laying down and that made it even worse so I couldn't go to sleep until it got a little bit better. I have never had heartburn during my other pregnancies like this. it was terribly painful and I am praying that I do not get it again

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
October 8th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't get it to bad, but yes laying down always makes it worse. So I make sure to try not to eat within 3 hours of going to bed. Which is hard because I'm also so exhausted lately that I'm taking naps as well. A couple of tums usually helps some.

October 8th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
I get it somewhat often. I haven't taken anything for it yet but I think Tums are supposed to be okay. I lived on Tums with Clyde.

Anything greasy or sugary makes mine real bad or if I eat too much in one sitting. Acidic stuff doesn't help... like tomato sauce, tomato soup or chili give me heartburn every time so I make sure to only eat very little of those things in one sitting. I've noticed when I eat small healthy meals + snacks, 90% of the time I don't get heartburn.

I hope you don't have too many issues with it. It's not pleasant at all...
October 8th, 2013, 09:10 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had it every single day of my pregnancy with my son. So bad it made me vomit.

I have it this time too, not so bad probably because I'm not really eating yet. Lying down definitely makes it worse.

Last night I ate my first full meal in months. Venison steak, zucchini, acorn squash and homemade bread. I was actually full when I left the table even though I ate only small quantities of each, another first in months. I had pretty bad heartburn during the night. I think the amount has to do with it just as much as what we eat.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
October 8th, 2013, 02:27 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh I've noticed that cereal (at least cheerios) give me heartburn. I've had cereal twice this week and both time (after a small bowl) I got heartburn

October 8th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't had heartburn, but I get acid reflux a lot. There's nothing like randomly tasting stomach acid throughout the day. It's worse when I'm bending over.
October 8th, 2013, 07:46 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes I got it real bad with Kody in the middle of the second tri all the way to the end. Took Tums like nobody's business (sometimes 15 Tums a day!). When my doc found out how many I was taking she prescribed 150 mg of Zantac. That took care of it completely.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
October 8th, 2013, 10:30 PM
Danielle80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Zantac 150 x2 per day is safe during pregnancy and if that doesn't work nexium is a category B drug. I am on nexium now to heal esophagitis. Oh and tums makes a new antacid called "freshers" it's wonderful!!

October 9th, 2013, 07:48 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks ladies. I have an appt with the High Risk Dr tomorrow so I am going to talk to him about the heartburn. Thankfully I had none yesterday. I am just hoping that it was a one time thing and I don't get it again. it was terrible.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search