Sleeping - For Pregnant Ladies

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By lelila
  • 3 Post By Ame C
  • 1 Post By lelila
  • 1 Post By MelChicago

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 10th, 2013, 07:49 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How are you sleeping? Is your pregnancy interfering with your sleep? Are you using any kind of pillows or other props to help you sleep?

I am sleeping really good other than having to get up to pee a few times each night. I guess from working and taking care of our 2 boys I'm exhausted so the second my head hits the pillow I go straight to sleep. I'm sure that as my belly gets bigger I will have a more difficult time getting comfortable but right now it is not an issue yet.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
October 10th, 2013, 08:45 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've never been a good sleeper and it's worse now. For some reason I can't sleep on my right side, I'm in pain instantly. Probably because my right kidney is doing all the work and is filling up so fast from all the water I drink.

I sleep on my back and left side, and I'm constantly shifting between them. My 50lb male beagle is at my side 24/7 and sleeps next to me with his head on my tummy. He is very attached to the baby and whines if he can't be close to me and my belly. He makes it difficult to sleep. My cat is also attached to me and sleeps next to my belly on the other side. I'm sandwiched in and spend most nights freezing because the animals pull the blankets away to be closer to my belly, and awake because I can't move.

I can't imagine what it's going to be like when I'm huge. With my son, I had pillows propping up my tummy. Maybe this time, I'll just use the dog
Ame C likes this.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
October 10th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Leia you might as well use the dog since he's there
I've been uncomfortable getting into a position to sleep for weeks now. Though I'm so exhausted it doesn't take long to fall asleep. I tend to sleep mostly on my right side, though I am finding myself waking up on my back about 1/2 the time now. I've always used a pillow for my legs since I sleep with one out straight and the left leg up and bent. So I use a pillow to prop that leg up. I'm so exhausted during the day that I often take a nap which means if I wake up during the night (to pee or not feeling well or when DH gets home from work), I'm often up for an hour (like last night).

October 10th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been sleeping okay so far. I always use lots of pillows, so that hasn't changed.
October 10th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
The amount of sleep I'm getting is good. Trying to fall asleep is hard because I get cramps in my legs, like restless leg syndrome or something like that. I wiggle non-stop for about 45 mins before I finally pass out. I read that was normal, but it really sucks. DH and I are BIG on snuggling. He's basically my pillow. Either we are in the spooning position with our arms around one another (depending on who is the spoon and who is the spoon-er, lol) or I sleep with my head and arm on his chest.

Just an extra little tid-bit of info on my sleeping habits... I drool really bad during both my pregnancies. Some mornings it's kind of funny waking up to a puddle of drool all over DH or the blankets/pillows. It's annoying, but funny
lelila, MelChicago and Boos Moo like this.

October 11th, 2013, 04:59 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ame - I am a big drooler during pregnancy too! I wonder why that is? All 4 of mine, the minute I conceived I became a hosepipe!!
Ame C likes this.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
October 11th, 2013, 06:55 AM
Just keep breathing.
So the drooling is pg-related! I've been weirding myself out with why my pillows are all wet! Geez. Glad for an explanation, but this is nuts.
Ame C likes this.
October 11th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Extra saliva during pregnancy is very normal. I on the other hand have very dry mouth (I think because I do have GD, I did with my last pregnancy and was very thirsty all the time then).

October 11th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Yep the drooling is normal because you produce so much extra saliva. Fabulous right?

Therese, I bet your dry mouth does have something to do with having GD. I know people and even animals drink a lot more water when they have diabetes, so it makes sense. By the way, I hope your glucose levels are looking good!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search