Pregnancy Weight Gain is Hard

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2013, 06:30 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know why I find the weight gain in pregnancy so hard. I know in my head that I am gaining weight for a good reason and that I have to gain weight but I still find it so hard to watch my body growing bigger. I guess if it was only in my belly I would be better about it but for some darn reason my butt always gets huge during pregnancy and I hate it. I have always lost it after my other pregnancies so I know I will lose it again this time but it's hard all the same. And I tend to gain more weight than some during pregnancy even though I do eat really healthy. I was a bit underweight when I got pregnant this time so I figure my body is trying to make up for that and gain extra weight. I'm actually eating better this pregnancy than my other ones and I'm gaining weight faster this time. Just bothers me and I needed to vent a bit. anybody else have a hard time mentally with the weight gain during pregnancy?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
October 11th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am. This is my first but I am already heavier than I have ever been. In my mid twenties I was so fit and in such great shape. I quit riding (horseback riding) and immediately I gained about thirty pounds. That only puts me in the slightly overweight category but I still don't feel good about how I look.

So now when I weigh myself I see the number going up even further I do feel upset. I know it's for my baby and for this time in my pregnancy the weight is under control. I think I've gained an appropriate amount but I'm upset that the numbers have gone up at all, LOL.

DD #1 born April 5, 2013; 9 lbs 11 oz
Baby # 2 due late July 2015.... Shhhhhh! Facebook doesn't know yet!
October 11th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes. Even though overall I'm only up 2 pounds (between losing and gaining), you would look at me and think at least 10 because I feel so huge already. It does have me freaked out that by mid-pregnancy I won't want to leave the house. Yikes.

October 11th, 2013, 10:16 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Count me in! I was 20lbs underweight when I got pregnant with my son, and when I brought him home from the hospital I weighed less than I do now.

I've struggled the last 2 or 3 years with serious weight gain, about 20 lbs - mostly from progesterone - in our TTC efforts. Being older, it's harder to keep weight off, much less lose it, so seeing the scale go up even 1 or 2 lbs makes me nervous - even though, like you said, you know it's for a good reason.

It doesn't matter for me how easily I lost the weight the last time. I'm much older now and I know I'll struggle with weight loss once this baby is born. Gaining the least amount of weight possible is important to me and even my OB said she wants my weight gain at a minimum, because of my age. 25 lbs max by the end of term.

So I guess I should put the pretzels away, huh?

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
October 11th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Just keep breathing.
Same here. I've gained 15 pounds over the past year. 3 losses really took a toll on my body, between the hormones, comfort eating, less exercise (either to avoid overheating & strain, heal from a loss, or lack of energy due to grief.) And then I started progesterone. Physically I'm not where I want to be. Except for pregnant.
October 11th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Yepp! This is something I'm struggling with too, and I'm also gaining weight all over, instead of just in my stomach. I read your body stores extra fat in your fatty regions (butt, legs, etc) so it has extra energy to put into producing breast milk. It's not something I enjoy because I already have a fatty booty, legs, arms and when I'm pregnant they get even bigger. I'm always self-conscious about my weight or looks, but being pregnant does make it worse. Having a male chauvinistic pig of a doctor doesn't help my image issues either, but I guess it DOES help me focus more on eating healthy-er because I fear what rude comments he might say next. I'm up 17 lbs total now but I swear my body aches like it's at least 30 lbs gained. It's a little scary to think about how much pain I might be in by the end of this. But like you ladies said, it's all for the greater good!! We can work hard and sweat our booties back to normal once these little miracles get here
October 11th, 2013, 02:23 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a hard time when I was pregnant with Kody. I just got big so fast with him, visibly I mean, I gained the same amount of weight that I did with Ethan but I was a bit bigger to start with. I ended up getting fat rolls on my back, ew, and bigger thighs, butt and arms too. It sucks. Only thing I was grateful for was that my boobs got bigger in order to sort of balance it out! Hah.
Ame C likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
October 11th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't felt too bad about my weight yet, but I know it will bug me more when I start gaining more. I've only gained a couple pounds so far. I don't even want to think about how much I'll weigh at the end of all this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search