Braxton Hicks

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By momof8lopez
  • 1 Post By Boos Moo
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By Sunrise

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 15th, 2013, 08:51 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Pregnant Ladies: Have you started having Braxton Hicks Contractions yet? When did you first have them? How often are you getting them?

Mommies: Did you get Braxton Hicks Contractions with your babies? When did you first have then? How often did you get them?

I had my first contractions yesterday. They didn't hurt just uncomfortable. Of course I freaked out a little bit worrying that I was going to have pre term labor or something. But they only happened a few times and then stopped. Nothing today.

With Jackson I don't think I ever had them or if I did I didn't know that I was having them. And with Jacob I went into labor at 33 weeks that thakfully stopped but after that I had contractions every day. I'm guessing they were just braxton hicks because they never did anything to dialate me anymore. I don't think I had any before 33 weeks with Jacob or atleast that I remember.

I guess since this is my 3rd baby that is why they are coming earlier this time. Of course they have me nervous.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
October 15th, 2013, 12:30 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For the life of me, I can't remember ever getting bh's with baby's 1-4. Baby #5, I started to get them at 15wks, ALOT. Had a bit of a scare at 28wks and had to get the shot to stop them, then all was good and she went to 39wks with her induction. The BH's never stopped though, at least 20 a day if not more.

With baby #6 and 7, not too many to speak of and they did not start until after 20wks. Baby #8 was about 24wks or so when they started. I mean, I had a few before then, but nothing to speak of. All the way to delivery, this was by far the least bh's I have ever had. thank God, If I had a strong enough BH with this baby, it would of dislodged the blood clot in my placenta and caused the abruption alot sooner.
melissalaw likes this.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

October 15th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I might have had them. My contractions have always started in my lower back (in fact my first pregnancy I didn't even know that and thought it was just a bad back ache that came and went during my last week). So I've had a couple of times when my lower back will hurt for a bit, then go away. But I think it's just growing pains.

October 15th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Thanks Lori. I've had one today so far. I'm going to mention them to my dr at my next appointment. I figure i'm ok but of course you always have a bit of worry in the back of your mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boos Moo View Post
I might have had them. My contractions have always started in my lower back (in fact my first pregnancy I didn't even know that and thought it was just a bad back ache that came and went during my last week). So I've had a couple of times when my lower back will hurt for a bit, then go away. But I think it's just growing pains.
I've had some back pain going on also but I think like you that is just growing pains.

October 15th, 2013, 03:33 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
I started getting them early with Clyde, maybe around 23-ish weeks? I usually only got them if I had a busy day on my feet, but towards the end I would get them all the time.

So far I haven't had any (I think). I did have some weird rhythmic tightening in my back over the weekend that lasted a few hours but it went away and I haven't felt it again since then. Not totally sure what that was but someone mentioned it sounded like BH contractions. I've never felt them in my back like that. It's usually my uterus tightening up.
October 15th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't think I've had any yet. I get this odd pressure sometimes, but I think it's just stretching.
October 15th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
A few weeks ago I started getting them. I think I was dehydrated. Drank about a liter of water and they stopped. Then if I do too much, they come. About 45m to 1 hour apart until I stop.

October 16th, 2013, 05:12 AM
Ame I'd maybe mention it to your doctor (the rythmic back pain) next time you're in. I don't know how common it is to get them in your back, but with DS when I called the hospital after my water broke and they asked if I was having contractions I told them no, then her second question was if I was having back pain that came and went. I said yes, and she said those were contractions. So it seemed pretty common.
Ame C likes this.

October 16th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
To continue this convo- when are BH concerning??

October 16th, 2013, 08:16 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sunrise--what I've heard is, the best way to tell if it's real labor or not, is if you can time them (regular contractions) and if they get closer together and more intense as time goes on. Timing (just in case you don't know) would be from the beginning of one contraction to the beginning of the next one.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
October 16th, 2013, 09:32 AM
I see my dr next week so I'm going to find out exactly when I should be concerned. I had one yesterday and none today. I think Joy is right though if they come more frequently or get closer together then you should call your dr right away. I have been guzzling water like crazy so I'm wondering if I was just a bit dehydrated.

October 16th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Could be. I'm thirsty all the time myself.

October 16th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'd assumed timing would give more info. But I was wondering if there was a "magic" time that became concerning. I guess just getting closer together or them not stopping.

Oh the joys of worrying

October 16th, 2013, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrise View Post
I'd assumed timing would give more info. But I was wondering if there was a "magic" time that became concerning. I guess just getting closer together or them not stopping.

Oh the joys of worrying
I don't know about how close together they are when you should worry. I'm going to ask my dr though so I'll let you know after I see him. I would imagine that very close together when we are as far along as we are would be worrisome. I just wouldn't want to dialate at all at this stage of my pregnancy. Although I dialated to 3 cm with my last pregnancy at 33 weeks and stayed that way for 6 more weeks.

October 16th, 2013, 08:52 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think if it's too soon for labor to be starting, any regular contractions that are getting closer together and stronger, should be reported, even if they're 45 minutes apart.
I believe you have the "magic number" scenario only for labor you WANT to start, as a way of saying, "it's time to go!", meaning the 5 minutes apart or whatever they say it is.
melissalaw likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
October 17th, 2013, 05:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverydayJoy View Post
I think if it's too soon for labor to be starting, any regular contractions that are getting closer together and stronger, should be reported, even if they're 45 minutes apart.
I believe you have the "magic number" scenario only for labor you WANT to start, as a way of saying, "it's time to go!", meaning the 5 minutes apart or whatever they say it is.
Well stated! It's best to report to your provider, but I believe the first thing thing they instruct you to do is drink LOTS of water and lay down onyour left.
melissalaw likes this.

October 17th, 2013, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrise View Post
Well stated! It's best to report to your provider, but I believe the first thing thing they instruct you to do is drink LOTS of water and lay down onyour left.
That's what they told me when I was pregnant with Jacob and it worked every time.

October 17th, 2013, 07:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm not far enough along with this pregnancy for those yet, however, with my daughter I remember getting them around 5 months probably. They were so annoying and uncomfortable. I noticed if I would push on my stomach sometimes that would trigger one for some reason.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search