constipation & loss?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By Boos Moo

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 17th, 2013, 06:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok so maybe I'm being silly for being worried about this BUT can the straining from constipation cause a miscarriage?????

I only ask because with my loss in December, I got constipated and when I was trying to go to the bathroom that's when the first signs of the spotting appeared. Spotting just got worse over the next 3 weeks after that.
October 17th, 2013, 06:19 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No constipation cannot cause a miscarriage. I know when I had my miscarriage I just knew I had done something wrong and I cried to my dr that I just knew that something I did had killed my baby and he told me absolutely not. he said there was nothing that I could have done to cause my miscarriage. He told me about several on call deliveries that he had recently done where the moms came in addicted to drugs and still gave births to healthy babies. He said see with all they did to their bodies it still didn't cause a loss.

I know the worry is so great in the beginning and I wish I could help take that away for you. I hate the beginning because I am always expecting the worst to happen.

Praying that this will be your rainbow baby.

you might talk to your dr about the constipation though. I had some severe constipation early in my pregnancy and my dr told me to take some stool softners which did help. he also prescribed me a prenatal vitamin that has a stool softner in it which must be helping to keep me regular because since I have started it I haven't had any problems.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
October 17th, 2013, 06:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok, that makes me feel a bit better. Still sometimes I wonder though ya know? Yes! I am definately taking something for the constipation, I just didn't take it a couple days ago and the next day I was regretting it. ugh it's the worst!
October 17th, 2013, 08:48 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Definitely agree with Melissa. I was told the same thing, because I was worried that sex had caused it--I started bleeding in earnest after DTD. Doc in the ER said no, nothing you did could have caused it, and there was nothing you could have done to prevent it from happening.
cortln likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
October 17th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope. There seem to be lots of gals in my DDC who've BTDT with the constipation and they've gone on to have lots of healthy babies.
cortln likes this.

October 17th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
ok good!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search