HCG & progesterone test results :(

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree25Likes
  • 3 Post By kaylakay
  • 1 Post By geogeek
  • 3 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 3 Post By kaylakay
  • 1 Post By melissalaw
  • 1 Post By MelChicago
  • 1 Post By Boos Moo
  • 1 Post By Schofield06
  • 1 Post By Ame C
  • 2 Post By lelila
  • 2 Post By cortln
  • 1 Post By Boos Moo
  • 1 Post By AimeeD041727
  • 2 Post By Leanne78
  • 2 Post By cortln

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 17th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So yesterday I was 3 wks 5 days, had bloodwork done because I've been having spotting/light bleeding since Thursday, no bleeding since Monday but still light brown spotting.

Just heard back from the nurse and she said my HCG levels are low 188 and progesterone is good at 24.

Not feeling very good at this point. I have to go tomorrow to get HCG levels checked again. The spotting and now the low HCG levels just aren't making me feel really great about this pregnancy. I don't think I'll be here much longer
October 17th, 2013, 01:07 PM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
I am 3 weeks 5 days, 13dpo and my HCG test yesterday was only a whopping 27.

188 sounds amazing. Hahaha. I wish mine was that high!

Im in the exact same boat as you so just remember you cant base HCG off of one number it has to be two.

Ive done some research and at 3W5D people have had levels as low as mine and as high as yours and have had great pregnancies.

Good luck to the both of us huh?
humnck, cortln and Boos Moo like this.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011
October 17th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am sitting here holding back tears at work, all I want to do is go home. I just don't think I can go through another loss and go on to try again.

Praying for both of us here
October 17th, 2013, 01:20 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Yeah, my 14 dpo draw was lower than that as well. I know it is hard. I am praying for you and your bean. I hope that your numbers double perfectly. (((hugs)))
cortln likes this.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

October 17th, 2013, 01:32 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry the nurse said your levels are low. I agree with the other ladies that you can't tell based on one number. Every woman is different! I think that nurse just put that doubt in your mind unnecessarily, and I'm really sorry for that. Hang in there, I hope tomorrow comes fast so you can find out right away how your little one is doing. The wait is murder!
Big hugs. Early pregnancy is SO hard when you've had a loss. I remember well the extreme anxiety I had and how I felt SURE I was going to miscarry Kody as well. I was angry because I knew it was going to happen, and why the heck was it taking so long??? I just wanted it over with. But here I am with a 5 month old baby. Our emotions are so volatile, but they don't have any bearing on the outcome of the pregnancy.
kaylakay, cortln and Boos Moo like this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
October 17th, 2013, 01:38 PM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
That nurse is an idiot. Im sorry. 188 is great.

I work in L&D and I was talking to an OBGYN about I was sad about how low mine was and he just kept saying he has seen women with an HCG of 10 doubles and continue to have a healthy pregnancy.

You just want that number to double is all.
missy123, Sunrise and cortln like this.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011
October 17th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks girls, you're making me feel a bit better. I think I'm going to go home and eat some comfort food and sit on the couch and watch Vampire Diaries to make myself feel better. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverydayJoy View Post
. I was angry because I knew it was going to happen, and why the heck was it taking so long??? I just wanted it over with.
I feel this exact way right now! I just want it to happen early so I don't have to get attached
October 17th, 2013, 02:14 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't believe that stupid nurse would tell you that number was low. It sounds great to me and your progesterone is awesome. I think what is important is that it doubles over a 48 hour period so they shouldn't really give you any indication of how your results are until they have the next draw to compare it to. Please don't worry. Let's just pray that when you go back in tomorrow your number will have doubled.
cortln likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
October 17th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Just keep breathing.
I don't think that's a bad HCG level at all for 3w5d (how many dpo?). Not at all.

But I know how it feels to have people pushing at you to be cheerful when your heart just isn't in it. For the time being, just be gentle with yourself.
cortln likes this.
October 17th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I THINK I was about 14DPO yesterday, but I'm not positive. I'm going at 6 a.m. tomorrow morning to get my HCG tested again so I can have my results before the weekend.

I'll post my results, hopefully they are doubled.
October 17th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Keep your self busy tonight and hopefully tomorrow will come quickly - wishing you some good doubling Hugs.
cortln likes this.

October 17th, 2013, 03:49 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope they have doubled tomorrow as well. I also think that first hcg number didn't seem low. Sometimes nurses/doctors/people don't think well enough about their word choices and how it can affect us.
cortln likes this.
October 17th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
I don't know much about Hcg levels because I've never had mine checked so I never really took the time to learn about it. I have however heard many women get scared and upset because their number is low and turns out everything progresses and doubles normally. I'm hoping so hard that everything turns out wonderfully and you get the reassurance tomorrow when you see your numbers have doubled. Wishing you the best of luck!!! I have everything crossed for you!!
cortln likes this.
October 17th, 2013, 06:45 PM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Numbers mean squat. Keep your chin up. Enjoy your Vampire - whateveritis and that comfort food and remember, tomorrow is another day.
Ame C and cortln like this.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
October 17th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Lol my vampire whatever it is! Lol. That made me LOL . Thanks everyone. I'll be back tomorrow!
Ame C and Boos Moo like this.
October 18th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wishing you lots of luck today!
cortln likes this.

October 18th, 2013, 08:48 AM
AimeeD041727's Avatar PowerPuffGirls
Thinking of you!! ((Hugs))
cortln likes this.

October 18th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Lots of luck today! Your nurse was an idiot. That is a perfectly decent number for where you are at. It's all about doubling not the initial number. My nurse did the exact same thing to me, telling me my number was low. I was like 60 something at that point.
missy123 and cortln like this.

October 18th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm trying to hold out until at least after lunch to call the Dr. office. It's only 11:30 and she said if I didn't hear anything by the afternoon to call. Well, anything after 12 is considered afternoon right? lol 12:01 it is! haha
humnck and Ame C like this.
October 18th, 2013, 10:45 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Agreed call them at 12:01!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search