Today's HCG results

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 18th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So Wednsday at 4:45 p.m. I had blood drawn (3 wks 5 days) numbers were 188. This morning at 7 a.m. (not even a full 48 hours later & 4 weeks exactly) they are 390. So they went up, a little more than doubled. She said that was good and the Dr. is on vaca right now but she's going to talk to him when he returns to see if he wants to get me in end of next week for an ultrasound.

This makes me feel a little better but the spotting is still scaring me. With my loss in December, my numbers were still going up at 8 -9 weeks & my loss happened 9 1/2 weeks.
October 18th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Just keep breathing.
That's a great number! Deep breaths. Of course the spotting is scary- I hope it subsides soon, and everything else continues to go well.

I've realized through my losses and current pregnancy that there's never going to be a time when I feel 100%, when it's totally free of risk or worry. It sucks. But, every good day is a good day. I try to cherish every moment that is good.

Sending big hugs!
Ame C and Boos Moo like this.
October 18th, 2013, 10:03 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Did they do progesterone as well? I love that they are doubling well!!
AimeeD041727 likes this.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

October 18th, 2013, 10:06 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
They are doubling great!! I hope they go ahead and give you an ultrasound. Hopefully you can relax a little bit since your numbers went up so well.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
October 18th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
That's excellent!! I agree with every word Mel wrote. She said it perfectly!
Enjoy this good news and try to allow this to ease your mind of some of the worries.

October 18th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you No progesterone test today, just the HCG. I am feeling crampy today and I can't remember what kind of cramps are normal and what kind of cramps are not normal. This is all just so stressful I'm going to try to cheer up though and get through the weekend and enjoy myself.
October 18th, 2013, 10:18 AM
With my pregnancy with Jacob I had cramps right around the time that you are having them and mine felt like AF cramps. I didn't even want to test because I knew it would be negative because the cramping was so bad so I think any kind of cramps can be ok. Mine were really bad and 9 months later Jacob was born a healthy little boy.
cortln likes this.

October 18th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It's definately reassuring when I hear other's stories! I remember having cramps with my daughter...I mean I hate it when they try to explain to you the type of cramps that aren't good, our bodies are stretching, organs are moving, insides are pulling, how in the world are we supposed to know what's supposed to be happening and what's not lol Pregnancy is so rough!
October 18th, 2013, 10:55 AM
I know I'm not a huge fan of pregnancy. Too much worry for my liking.
MelChicago and cortln like this.

October 18th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Great news on the doubling! I know it's hard. Try to focus on your numbers. Rest as much as possible this weekend, hydrate and take your prenatal vitamins! Here's a beta resource. Maybe you could share it with your yucky nurse that apparently gives bad advice The BetaBase

October 18th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
well that's interesting Sunrise....my numbers at 7 a.m. on 16 DPO is 390, looks like I have HCG level for twins LOL I really want to print this out and give it to her haha
Sunrise likes this.
October 18th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on the great numbers. Like Mel said, I try to focus on the positive and be happy that today I'm pregnant. I'll never not worry, but that's the life of being pregnant after a loss(es).
Hugs.
cortln likes this.

October 18th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes, you are all right. There's never going to be a time when there is no worry. I think it starts with the day anyone finds out their pregnant and continues through out our whole lives with our children!
October 18th, 2013, 02:10 PM
AimeeD041727's Avatar PowerPuffGirls
Go baby go!! Sending positive thoughts and prayers!

October 18th, 2013, 02:51 PM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
Told you your numbers were awesome! Congrats!

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011
October 18th, 2013, 07:20 PM
Just keep breathing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cortln View Post
well that's interesting Sunrise....my numbers at 7 a.m. on 16 DPO is 390, looks like I have HCG level for twins LOL I really want to print this out and give it to her haha
You know, my HCG on 17dpo/4w3d was 2914! I thought it might be twins, but the nurse at my RE did not think it was crazy high like I did. And I have just one in there.
October 21st, 2013, 07:46 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Yay! Great numbers! I had a LOT of cramping with both of my girls. So much so with the second that it really concerned me but everything was fine. I also had a lot of spotting with this last pregnancy too and everything was ok. I was nervous too because I was coming off of 4 back to back losses. PAL is so nerve wracking!
cortln likes this.

October 21st, 2013, 09:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I know it's most likely not twins, I just think it's funny the nurse said it was low but according the the chart it's a good number for twins.
October 21st, 2013, 10:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
In my opinion most regular office staff is out of the loop. When you're PAL unfortunately you gain knowledge that most common people don't know.
Lots of sticky thoughts your way!!
humnck and cortln like this.

October 22nd, 2013, 08:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
So glad those numbers are doubling!! How are you feeling today?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search