Second beta and progesterone! & question about progesterone.

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MelChicago

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 18th, 2013, 03:49 PM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
First HCG 10/16, 12 DPO = 27

Second HCG 10/18, 14 DPO = 60 Progesterone= 15.9

YAYAY! At least they doubled! I go in for a third beta on Sunday and may ask for a 4th.

So question to anyone who has taken Prometrium.. Did you take it orally or vaginally?

My docs office said take it orally but if it makes you super sick take it vaginally. The pharmacist says people take it both ways all the time. Anyone know which way is more effective? My doc wants your progesterone about 20. So here goes nothing!

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011
October 18th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Just keep breathing.
I take it vaginally. My RE recommended vaginally- said absorption is a lot more predictable taking it vaginally, since orally can have so many other factors- what you've eaten, how much stomach acid, if you have nausea, etc.

I've been taking it since 5dpo, and honestly haven't any issues. I take one in the morning and one at night. I don't get too hung up on exactly when I take them. I definitely have more discharge- but that's also something that just happens with pregnancy. And, um, the pills I have are pink colored-like, bubble gum, and I see that color on my pantiliners. It's never looked like blood/spotting- it's too strange a color! But takes some getting used to.

Other thing- sorry if TMI- if my DH and I are romantic at night, I wait until afterwards to insert the progesterone.

My progesterone levels have been over 30 this whole time- I've been thrilled about that!
missy123 likes this.
October 18th, 2013, 09:26 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on the good numbers!! I say vaginally... But if you take it that way try to do it at night and wear at least a panty liner as some could leak out and be messy.

Doing it at night when you are in bed will cause less leakage.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

October 18th, 2013, 09:57 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I only took mine orally. It did make me sick, but I took it right before I went to sleep at night and it helped. Yay for great doubling numbers!

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

October 18th, 2013, 11:43 PM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by missy123 View Post
Congrats on the good numbers!! I say vaginally... But if you take it that way try to do it at night and wear at least a panty liner as some could leak out and be messy.

Doing it at night when you are in bed will cause less leakage.
Oh my goodness Missy! Your little girl got so big!

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011
October 19th, 2013, 12:24 AM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Good luck with it
And yay for wonderful numbers!!
October 19th, 2013, 06:28 AM
JackieV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on your good numbers!

I am also was prescribed prometrium. I have been on them for almost one week. My OB has me taking 100mg, 3x a day. I haven't been sick from it yet, but I have been SOOOO tired from it.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you
October 19th, 2013, 06:37 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I took it orally and my progesterone went from 14 to 24. It didn't really make me too sick. Made me very tired. Your hcg looks great!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
October 19th, 2013, 08:07 AM
AimeeD041727's Avatar PowerPuffGirls
I took my progesterone orally. I never had a problem with it except I was really tired. I took mine until I was 13 weeks pregnant.

Your numbers look great!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search