Flu Shot?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 21st, 2013, 06:14 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Anyone get a flu shot this fall?

My OB offered it to me this past week and I declined. I've never had one before in my life and I was worried it would make me or the baby sick.

DH gets one every year because he has a compromised renal system and a few years it has made him ill.

What is everyone else doing?

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
October 21st, 2013, 06:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I won't be getting one. I've never had one before and don't plan on ever getting one. I have never had one for my daughter either.

With my last pregnancy the Dr. office was really pressuring me but I declined, plan on doing the same this time!
October 21st, 2013, 06:51 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't get them either. I especially didn't want one when pregnant.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
October 21st, 2013, 07:13 AM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Never have, never will. I don't personally see the point in them. It only protects again like 5 of the however many different strands of the virus there are (I don't know the numbers but it's a lot) and with those odds, basically, if you're going to get the flu it doesn't matter if you had the shot or not you're still going to get it. I think it's all a bunch of bs and I don't want that stuff in my body. I'm careful not to catch other people's germs anyways. I know sometimes you can't avoid it but I do my best.
October 21st, 2013, 07:22 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We don't get them and I don't get them for our kids either.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
October 21st, 2013, 07:56 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I got mine. DH doesn't get it and neither does Marsi. Every year I have skipped the dose, I got the flu. With DH, the year he got the shot he got the flu. We definitely do it on an individual basis. If you have never gotten one and have been fine, I would totally skip it.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

October 21st, 2013, 08:00 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I try to get mine each year. For me when I get a cold or flu it almost always turns into something worse. If I don't get around to not getting my shot I almost always end up with at least the flu. DH gets his every year because he works in a hotel and they have people from all over the place coming and going.

October 21st, 2013, 08:10 AM
Just keep breathing.
I always get the flu shot. I live in a city and work with public school kids. I did get it a few months ago while pregnant, and am glad to pass along that immunity to my baby.
October 21st, 2013, 08:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Like Mel I also live in a city. Crowded quarters mean lots of coodies no matter how hard I try to ward them off! And I'm pretty crazy about handwashing!! I will get mine. It's just a matter of getting healthy- (I have another cold!). I hate to pump stuff into me while preg. But I'm ok with flu vacc since I'm in 3 tri. If I was in 1st, I'd hesitate or postpone.

October 21st, 2013, 09:25 AM
JackieV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've never gotten one, and don't intend to. If I get sick, it's strep throat or an upper respiratory infection because of my asthma. So, the shot will do nothing but give me the flu as well, in my opinion. DH gets one every few years and it makes him sick for a few days.
October 21st, 2013, 03:39 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't normally get it. I've only ever gotten a flu shot when it was required by where I was working. I've been debating on whether to get it or not this year. My Dr. hasn't mentioned it yet, so I haven't worried too much about it.
October 21st, 2013, 05:19 PM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
Im pro flu shot. All of our OBGYNS I work with are pro flu shot.

I work in Labor and Delivery so we are required to get one or we lose our jobs but I would get one regardless.

My baby also got one at her 15 month old appointments.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search