Dr. office called - 1st appointment

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By CLS2616
  • 1 Post By melissalaw
  • 1 Post By MelChicago

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 22nd, 2013, 10:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The nurse just called, she talked to my Dr. he said I could come in 1 week from today but he wanted to be sure that I knew they might not be able to see anything yet. I will be out of town 2 weeks from today so made an appt for 11/7 at 4 p.m. - I'll be just 1 day away from being 7 weeks. I would love to go in for an earlier ultrasound but I think I may be more freaked out if they can't see anything yet. It's probably best for me to go in later.

As far as the spotting he said this could have just been implantation bleeding. Looking back at my calendar it started at 2 weeks 6 (8 DPO) days and ended at 4 weeks (just about 1 week). Seems a little long to be implantation bleeding but what do I know.

If I wouldn't have taken a test early and just waited until I missed my period I might not be so freaked out right now. I can't take it back though so I'll just cross my fingers the spotting stays away and I don't have any other issues.
Boos Moo likes this.
October 22nd, 2013, 10:51 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't blame you for waiting to go in to see the dr. I know I would be freaked out if they did an early u/s and they couldn't see anything. you might be right about the implantation bleeding. I think it can last for several days. I've never had it but that might be it. Fingers crossed that it does not come back.

That's the problem with TTCAL you are always POAS so you find out very early. I can never wait either. I always tell myself to wait but end up doing it anyway.
CLS2616 likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
October 22nd, 2013, 11:14 AM
Just keep breathing.
That's great that you have an appointment! I'm so glad the office called and talked through things with you.

Honestly, after dealing with loss, I think you'd be freaked out no matter when you tested. It's probably better to just accept that you're going to be a mess. Not be be a downer
CLS2616 likes this.
October 22nd, 2013, 11:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelChicago View Post
Honestly, after dealing with loss, I think you'd be freaked out no matter when you tested. It's probably better to just accept that you're going to be a mess. Not be be a downer
So true lol
October 22nd, 2013, 03:49 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad you heard back and have an appointment! (I just saw this). Don't go too crazy while waiting. That is always the hardest part for me.
October 22nd, 2013, 04:53 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah! I agree, probably better to go in when you're further along so they'll be able to see more

October 22nd, 2013, 08:36 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The waiting game is so hard, isn't it? Wait to ovulate, then wait to test, then wait to get far enough along to see something, then wait to get past the 1st trimester, then wait, wait wait till you get to hold your baby...ugh! Hope the time goes by fast till your appointment.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
October 22nd, 2013, 10:59 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
I agree, it's stressful during the whole pregnancy. You have some highs and some lows but you always worry. I think waiting until your almost 7 weeks is a good idea. I had my first ultrasound at 6.3 weeks and the tech said it looked like his heart had JUST started beating that day or maybe the day before (not sure how they can tell)... but I would have been a mess if I had an earlier appointment and they didn't see the heart beating yet. Actually I was freaking out a bit at my first ultrasound because I couldn't see the screen and she asked me to hold my breath and not move at all so she could see if the heart was beating. Ack, anyways 7 weeks is a good time to go It will be here before you know it! I will be counting the days with you.

October 23rd, 2013, 03:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope it flies by! I got to see mine at 6w3d and the little bean looked just like that, a bean with a little flickering heartbeat. They had to do an internal to see it, and I went in because of bleeding as well.

I hope your appointment is good and you feel reassurance after it!

DD #1 born April 5, 2013; 9 lbs 11 oz
Baby # 2 due late July 2015.... Shhhhhh! Facebook doesn't know yet!
October 23rd, 2013, 04:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
thanks everyone
October 23rd, 2013, 08:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
So glad you got an appointment! The waiting is really hard, but I went in too early (thinking I was further along) and it really was horrible, then we had to wait and wait until the next appt to make sure I was far enough along. good choice, even though it's a hard one

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search