today

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree20Likes
  • 1 Post By cortln
  • 1 Post By melissalaw
  • 1 Post By cortln
  • 1 Post By melissalaw
  • 1 Post By cortln
  • 1 Post By melissalaw
  • 2 Post By Boos Moo
  • 3 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 3 Post By melissalaw
  • 3 Post By kaylakay
  • 2 Post By AnnaBonana
  • 1 Post By melissalaw

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 23rd, 2013, 01:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I feel like I had a touch of morning sickness this afternoon. I'm afraid it's just all in my head, I'm so afraid of losing this pregnancy that I think I've been trying not to get my hopes up until I have my u/s on 11/7. I'm afraid of going and it being a missed miscarriage. Any symptom that I've been feeling I sit here and think to myself "am I really feeling this or is my mind just playing tricks on me."
October 23rd, 2013, 01:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Ugh, the waiting really sucks! Try to tell yourself, when you aren't having symptoms, that that is normal. My doctor always reminded me, there will be good days when you feel like crap (oh the irony) and bad days when you will feel great and then freak out. It is the fluctuation in hormones, when they are rising quickly you feel terrible, when they level out for a bit, you feel okay. Then there are those lucky women that feel great the whole time

October 23rd, 2013, 03:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The wait is terrible. And early ultrasounds are difficult. I hope the days go fast for you. Try to sleep as much as you can. Sticky thoughts...

October 23rd, 2013, 06:33 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hugs. Being pregnant after suffering a loss or losses is just horrible for awhile (or a long while). For the first 2 months I was worried when I felt a new symptom and then worried when it went away. Waiting sucks - hope it goes quickly and try to keep your chin up.

October 23rd, 2013, 06:52 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The waiting is terrible. I was always second guessing every symptom early on too. I hope the wait gets easier for you.
October 24th, 2013, 06:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you..... taking it day by day. Looking back I was soooo naive when I was pregnant with my daughter. I was completely unaware (or just didn't think it could happen to me) that anything could or would go wrong. I would love to have that feeling back! Just to be able to not worry.
Boos Moo likes this.
October 24th, 2013, 06:46 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh honey I'm so sorry about your fears. I was the same as you during my first pregnancy. I had no clue that a missed miscarriage even existed. I was just dumb about pregnancy and thought that when baby died you would start bleeding immediately. My loss was an eye opener. I so desparately wish we could all go back and have that pregnancy ignorance again. I'm 23 weeks and still have fears. I do love JM and all the women I have met but I know some of my worry comes from what has happened to other women.

i hope you go on the 7th and see that beautiful heart beating away. And we are here to help the time pass until that date. Hopefully it will pass quickly.
cortln likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
October 24th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissalaw View Post
I do love JM and all the women I have met but I know some of my worry comes from what has happened to other women.

I think this is a big part of it for me too. I love JM as well but hearing all the stories especially the really bad one's bothers me a lot. I think if I only knew that miscarriages weren't so common and didn't really hear the the stories about I wouldn't be so scared. It's awesome for support but sometimes I wonder if I should really be on here so much because of all of my anxieties. I just want to enjoy my pregnancy and think about things like decorating the nursery, making a list of things I need to buy, thinking of baby names, my plan to lose my baby weight, what baby will wear home from the hospital. I need to just overwhelm myself with these types of thoughts instead but sometimes it's just so hard not to think of all the things that could go wrong!
melissalaw likes this.
October 24th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Well I hope that you can overwhelm yourself with those good thoughts. I know for me getting really involved in my DDC has helped. Most of the women in there have not suffered losses so they are full of that ignorant bliss. I also did steer clear of my DDC for the first 8 weeks or so because I just couldn't deal with any of the early losses and that did help also but now that we are hopefully past any losses or so I pray it has been great to be involved with those ladies.

I do love the pregnancy after loss board and it is a great source of support for women in a pregnancy after loss but sometimes it does make it harder because you know what so many of these women have been through and it adds to my worry. I won't tell you my latest worry because I'm sure it would just give you something to worry about later on..lol.
cortln likes this.

October 24th, 2013, 09:36 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I absolutely hate early pregnancy. I hope that time flies until your first ultrasound.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

October 24th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope the times flies for all of us so we can just hold our babies and have other worries besides pregnacy worries LOL since obviously the worrying NEVER ends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissalaw View Post
I won't tell you my latest worry because I'm sure it would just give you something to worry about later on..lol.
Now you know you can't say this without me asking....what is this new worry you have? lol
melissalaw likes this.
October 24th, 2013, 10:08 AM
LOL. A girl in my DDC is pregnant with a little boy whose cord is wrapped around his neck so now I have been worrying about my little guy getting his cord wrapped around is neck. So now that has me paranoid. I know he's too little right now for it to affect him but I worry that it will happen and cause a problem later on. Thankfully I am getting alot of ultrasounds so I think I would know. Just one more thing to worry about huh.

October 24th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
OMG Yes, that was a worry I had towards the end of my pregnancy with my daughter! I was afraid to make sudden moves because I thought it'd make her spin and the cord wrap around her! I completely forgot about that lol

If it's not one thing it's another.
October 24th, 2013, 12:17 PM
LMAO. I never thought about sudden movements making them spin. that's funny. yep see I told you I would give you one more thing to worry about. I've got an ultrasound on Nov 7 which I guess is the same day as yours so I'm going to make sure they check that. I'm sure they will think I'm off my rocker but I just need that reassurance.
cortln likes this.

October 24th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yea the DDC are nice because so many of the gals there have never experienced a loss. I'm always jealous of them already buying stuff for the baby and picking out names already (I'm only 14 weeks along). But I'm to scared to. Though I have started *thinking* about names (DH already has a middle name he really wants). But sometimes I don't want to go to my DDC with my fears and worries, I come here. I worry about bringing worry to those ladies who haven't gone through it. So if you feel like you need a break from this part of the board, we'd understand. But we're also here for you. I was struggling really bad a week or two ago and these wonderful ladies here really brought my spirits back up.
melissalaw and cortln like this.

October 24th, 2013, 12:44 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
As for the cord around the neck worry, it's very common for them to have the cord around their necks, and it doesn't usually pose any problems. Both my living kiddos had their cords around their necks at birth, the doc just unwrapped it fast after they came out. My first had near-perfect APGARS at birth, second just slightly less than perfect.
melissalaw, cortln and Boos Moo like this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
October 24th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Thanks for that Joy. The only one I have really heard about the cord around the neck was Brittanie and her daughter Cora so of course that scared me.

Therese I don't ever go to my DDC with my fears because like you I don't want to scare any of those girls. That is why I love this board for the support I get for those fears.
EverydayJoy, cortln and Boos Moo like this.

October 24th, 2013, 10:41 PM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
I am so scared it's ridiculous. One day I feel fine the next day I feel sick it's on going! Whenever I feel a cramp or anything I freak out.

I want to be naive again!!!!!!!!!

My first ultrasound is on the 6th. We're so close! We can suffer together
melissalaw, cortln and Boos Moo like this.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011
October 25th, 2013, 05:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
When I told DH we had a positive HPT after our loss, I actually said "I can't do this, it's too horrible". DH was really upset that I said that, but I meant the early pregnancy days. Waiting for the bloodwork to confirm, then the ultrasounds. And I felt horrible because I was pretty much pretending I wasn't pregnant so as not to get too attached.

((Hugs)) Time moves on no matter what, but I hope the time goes especially quickly for you.
cortln and Boos Moo like this.

DD #1 born April 5, 2013; 9 lbs 11 oz
Baby # 2 due late July 2015.... Shhhhhh! Facebook doesn't know yet!
October 25th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Good Luck at your ultrasound Kayla!!
cortln likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search