Ultrasound pix! -updated #14

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By MelChicago
  • 1 Post By MelChicago
  • 4 Post By MelChicago

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 29th, 2013, 06:56 AM
Just keep breathing.
My appointment last Friday was great! I was 10w6d, baby measuring 11w3d! Big baby Baby was using its long legs to trampoline off the walls of my womb- I guess I have a jumper I saw the RE for the last time, and really appreciated the time he took to answer questions and reassure me. And to my surprise, I got a 3D ultrasound! It was the coolest thing.

Unfortunately I had a crappy appointment yesterday- I thought I was going in for an NT scan, but somehow the wires got crossed, I was scheduled for a regular OB appt with a doctor I didn't know, and I was told that day my HMO wouldn't cover it without a new referral. Um, let me know this in advance, please? I ended up just not having the appointment at all. I did schedule the NT scan for first thing next week, and will talk with my regular OB today. It was so frustrating, and I had been looking forward to seeing the baby again. Oh well. I woke up today with more strong nausea, which was reassuring.

EverydayJoy, Ame C and cortln like this.

Last edited by MelChicago; October 30th, 2013 at 04:17 PM.
October 29th, 2013, 07:13 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sweet little baby. Glad baby is doing good. Sorry about the mix up at your appointment yesterday. I hate it when things like that happen. Good Luck at your NT Scan next week. I'm sure it will go great. Plus it is always a nice long ultrasound so you get to see lots of baby!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
October 29th, 2013, 08:12 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sucks about your NT appointment, but your baby is so cute! I love how even at such a small gestation they look like a "real" baby, if you know what I mean. Can't wait to see how he or she grows!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
October 29th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Love the ultrasound pic!! So neat!
October 29th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
What sweet pics!

Sucks about the appt!!

October 29th, 2013, 10:15 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I love the picture!!! Baby is getting so big!

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

October 29th, 2013, 10:36 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awe, look at those long legs and arms already!! Very sweet pics! Sorry about the appt. confusion, hopefully time fly's for you and your NT scan is PERFECT!

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

October 29th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How awesome you got a 3-D u/s. Baby's looking so cute.

October 29th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi, Beautiful Baby! So nice to meet you.

Sorry about the crapy appointment mix ups! I hope it all gets straightened soon.
October 30th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Just keep breathing.
Thanks all! I went to my OB's office yesterday (I work close by, so just showed up) and was able to get an appointment with her for today! It's at 2:30. I also spoke with the referrals guy there who is working on getting me the referral for the NT scan.

I'm really glad I can see my OB today. The RE had me stop the progesterone. I've had some mild cramping, which he said would be normal. Yesterday I also had a terrible migraine. It's better today, but of course made me very paranoid that the changing hormone levels are harming things.
Sunrise likes this.
October 30th, 2013, 10:13 AM
So glad you got an appointment so quick. I hope the migraine goes away quickly.

October 30th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Sooo cute!

October 30th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So glad you OB got you in today!Love the pics!
October 30th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Just keep breathing.
I had a great appointment today and was very relieved to hear the heartbeat on the doppler! It was strong, in the 150s-160s (not sure why it wasn't more precise, but that's okay). I was glad to see my regular OB again, and got some good questions answered.

My next appt is the NT scan, which will (hopefully) happen Monday, assuming insurance works out.

I signed up today to have the Maternit21 test. I had to do it self-pay, since my ins doesn't cover it, but it's worth it to me. Especially not knowing if this NT scan is going to happen.

Next appointment is Nov 27! Seems crazy far away, after the last few months of weekly u/s and blood draws with the RE. I'll be spending a lot of time here to keep me sane
October 31st, 2013, 06:12 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad everything is Ok. I was terrified when I stopped the progesterone but baby has done fine. My dr said once the placenta takes over the added progesterone just give you bad nausea and headaches.

Hope it all works out with your NT Scan. My dr has started spacing my appointments out a bit longer than he did in the very beginning also and that is not alot of fun. I like those weekly reassurances from him.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
November 1st, 2013, 10:49 AM
MoonAngel702's Avatar ~Staying Positive~
AWwwww!!! I'm SO happy for you Mel!! Such a beautiful little baby!! Can't wait to hear how the NT scan goes and to see more pics of your sweetheart!
November 2nd, 2013, 04:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad to read your update! For some reason I can't view the pics but I'll try again later. I love that you just showed up at the OB. We're def kindered spirits. Lol. Letting go the the RE's "ways of doing things" is so hard. Great news about the MaternaT21 may I ask how much it is out of pocket? Good luck with NT scan Monday!

My nt is my fav scan pic we have of our baby! We framed it,lol!

November 2nd, 2013, 10:37 AM
Just keep breathing.
The Maternit21 out of pocket was $700. Definitely not cheap, but it was worth it to me. For comparison, my last vet visit for my 14 year old cat was about the same price, so I figured my child deserved at least as much Plus, I *still* don't know if the referral for the NT scan is going to come through. I'll find out Monday morning. The NT scan is scheduled for Monday at 2:30pm. If I can't get the NT scan, it'll be a big relief to have the Maternit21 results.
November 2nd, 2013, 10:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds good Mel! When I was doing my testing, my RE recommended the mT21 especially if the nt was abn. I was told it is "as accurate" as an amnio. So $700 is totally worth it in my book I could see your scan pics now. What a cutie!!

November 2nd, 2013, 10:54 AM
Hoping your referral goes through so you can have your appt. on Monday.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search