Pregnant Momma's - Baby Purchases

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Ame C
  • 1 Post By melissalaw
  • 1 Post By melissalaw
  • 1 Post By cortln
  • 1 Post By geogeek
  • 1 Post By Sunrise
  • 1 Post By Boos Moo

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 30th, 2013, 10:48 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Have you purchased what you need for your baby? What have you gotten and what do you still need?

I'm wondering if maybe it is because it's my 3rd child but I haven't bought any of the things we need. We are spending a ton of money on our home since we have to do some remodeling to add a third bedroom so this little baby will have his own room so I haven't really wanted to spend the money yet. But I haven't even bought the car seat yet which is a must. Jacob just used Jackson's infant carrier but that seat expires next year so we have to get a new one for this baby. We do already have alot since I have kept all of Jacob and Jackson's things but I still have items to purchase. Anybody else still have a ton to get.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
October 30th, 2013, 11:35 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Eh, I will see what we have when we find out the sex. I haven't bought anything really. Oh yeah! I bought a NB stash of CDs. I keep forgetting that since they are being made for me and I don't actually have them.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

October 30th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Do I still have a lot of stuff that I need to buy? No. The only thing left I still need to pick up is a double electric pump. I don't really know what I'm waiting for. I guess it just sucks to drop the $200+ for it.

I want more newborn cloth diapers but I have enough now to experiment with. See what works for us and what doesn't and go from there. I want to buy baby shoes but that's another thing I'm going to wait to buy until Toren is actually here. I ended up buying another Moby wrap at Target the other day because it was clearanced for $8, so now I have a blue one and a black one. Every time I go shopping I see baby stuff I want, but there's nothing left that we need except the electric breast pump.

I have been hanging around the Dec DDC every now and then and a lady in there asked everyone to post pictures of their nursery as it looks right now, no cleaning up... It's embarrassing how messy everything is but I will post the pictures here to show just how much baby stuff I have (that I need to organize!!)

Doesn't this nursery look oh so welcoming and baby-friendly?!?

I don't have the energy to go through this disaster! I should probably tackle this mess sometime soon...
melissalaw likes this.

October 30th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Amy you definitely have alot of stuff. We had 2 swings that Jacob and Jackson used but after 2 babies they broke the swings. Jacob lived in the swing for about 6 months so he totally wore it out so we need a new one of those also.

For your breast pump you should definitely check out the Medela Pump in Style breast pump. I used that pump after both of my kids. I used it for about 18 months with Jackson and around 15 months with Jacob and it worked great. I went back to work at 8 week with both my kids so I would use it at work and take pumped milk to daycare for them. Then I nursed when I was with them. Worked great for me. If you get the fliers from Babies R us they will have 20% coupons in there sometimes and that is what I used when I bought mine helped with the cost.
Ame C likes this.

October 30th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
That's the one I want to buy. It's the one I hear the most good reviews about. I actually just got a 20% off coupon in the mail this past week from babies r us, BUT, on the back it says everything it excludes: "Excludes all toys, baby food, diapers, formula, wipes, hot price items, baby jogger, BOB, Boppy bare naked pillow, Britax, Bugaboo, ERGObaby, Mamas & Papas, Maxi-Cosi car seats, Medela breast pumps, Motorola, Pediped, Peg Perego, Phil & Teds, Quinny, Robeez, Thyme maternity, electronic learning toys, netbooks, tablets, video game hardware, video games, Apple products, FAO Schwarz toys, Isis products & classes, Buyer Protection Plan, gift cards, phone orders, Special orders, assembly fee, breast pump rental fee, delivery fee and shipping and handling." ---- So basically here is a 20% off coupon that you can't use in our store AT ALL!!

October 30th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Well that stinks. I know I got a coupon a couple of months ago that was specifically on breastpumps. If I get anymore any time soon I'll let you know and I'll mail it to you.
Ame C likes this.

October 30th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I haven't bought anything yet but I probably won't until I know the gender. If it's a girl we won't need much. I have a list of things I need to buy whether its' a boy or a girl... double stroller, bedding, baby sling/carrier, another video monitor, new bottles, stuff like that.
melissalaw likes this.
October 30th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Cort how old is your daughter? We have been considering a double stroller and I say we need one but DH doesn't think we need one. Jacob will be 22 months when this baby is born so I know he will still need to be in a stroller.

October 30th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't have much yet. I won't until after we have a shower either. My hubby doesn't think we need to buy anything until after then. I think I'll be getting a few things before then like the car seat, maybe a swing, etc. He's going to get mad at me, but he's just going to have to deal with it. I'm not on board with going on a shopping spree at 8-9 months pregnant and he'll be difficult about the stuff I want to get anyway. He just doesn't understand why I don't want to wait though.
October 30th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Just keep breathing.
I haven't bought a thing. I'm not quite 12 weeks. In another few weeks I should know the gender. Still not sure if I'll start buying stuff- it would probably be a good idea, to spread out the spending instead of having it all at once.
October 30th, 2013, 05:20 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Ame, check with your insurance! With the ACA, you should be able to get a breast pump through insurance which includes the Medela! I am getting a new one through my insurance.
Boos Moo likes this.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

October 31st, 2013, 05:31 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We haven't spent a dime and probably won't until the last month. I'm just not confident yet. I have a very good friend that wants to throw me a shower, but I feel kind of funny getting a shower at my age.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
October 31st, 2013, 05:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We bought a crib. Which is still in the box,and doesn't have a mattress. This weekend i want to buy the baby's dresser/changer. DH wanted his mom to buy it- but I'm getting ancy and rather just have it. I asked him to research strollers and car seats bc he's the one who LOVES reading reviews on the Internet.

Ame your nursery is adorable! Have fun with that clean up, lol!
Leia, I will start a shower post. I can't wait to hear more you!
Ame C likes this.

October 31st, 2013, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lelila View Post
We haven't spent a dime and probably won't until the last month. I'm just not confident yet. I have a very good friend that wants to throw me a shower, but I feel kind of funny getting a shower at my age.
If you have someone who wants to throw you a shower then I say by all means let her. Your son is 7 so I'm sure you need alot of stuff so I would go for it. don't worry about your age. I'm an old lady but if somebody offered to throw me a shower I'd let them.

October 31st, 2013, 06:11 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm like Leia. We haven't bought anything yet and I'm not feeling like I want to until we're at least 7 months. But who knows what might change by then, maybe I'll get the shopping bug. We've been given some stuff (and Ame the room we'll use for baby looks way more cluttered than yours, so you're ahead of me). Someone gave us a crib, but DH says it's more than likely recalled and we'll just get a new one. Someone else gave us a bassinet and a baby bath (both from their daughter). The friend I told yesterday offered to give us some of her old stuff (her daughter is turning 2 in a few weeks), like the car seat and stroller. Another friend is giving us a playpen.
Ame C likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search