We finally told our families.

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By melissalaw
  • 1 Post By Boos Moo
  • 1 Post By MelChicago
  • 2 Post By Ame C
  • 1 Post By Schofield06

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 31st, 2013, 06:43 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We finally told our families. It was kind of hard to keep it a secret - my inlaws figured it out a few weeks ago. DH's 4 siblings started looking at my belly, even with clothes to hide it, and asking questions (they are the nosiest, gossipiest bunch of people) and I felt bad that DH's entire family knew and not a single person in my family and none of my friends knew. So I told my parents two weeks ago and my siblings this week. Not a warm reception. My parents were stunned and concerned for both my health and that of the baby's and my brother who has been trying for 2 years (he and his wife are both in their mid-40s) were outright angry. My oldest brother, who I am closest to, has been calling every few days to see how I am, but didn't express any kind of joy or happiness.

I told my Aunt, who is like a second mother and she was very happy as were my friends. I guess I will have to talk to them instead of my family about it.

It does feel good to not have to pretend it's not happening.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
October 31st, 2013, 07:07 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad that you finally told them. I'm sorry that your brother wasn't happy. I'm sure him and his wife are just jealous. Everything is going great in your pregnancy so there is no reason for them to be concerned for your health or the health of your unborn child.

Glad that you don't have to pretend anymore. it does get hard hiding that baby belly.
lelila likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
October 31st, 2013, 07:14 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's nice to be out there isn't it? No more hiding. Sorry the reception wasn't better from most of the family. Hopefully they'll all come around to accepting your little special one. Congrats, and hugs.
lelila likes this.

October 31st, 2013, 07:33 AM
Just keep breathing.
I'm glad you don't have to hide anymore, though I'm sorry you didn't get the reception you deserve from all sides.
lelila likes this.
October 31st, 2013, 11:27 AM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Grrrr, that's messed up!! I'm sorry but when someone announces they're pregnant I think it's so rude and nasty not to show anything but joy and happiness for them! I can understand certain family members being worried for you or baby's health... I get that, I truly do, but keep it to yourself!! I can also understand certain family members being jealous (I've been that person) but again, you keep those feelings to yourself!! I'm sorry Some people just suck...

We are all very happy for you and at least you got all that out of the way and can focus on you and baby and not have to worry about what all those other butt-heads think about it. ((hugs))
melissalaw and lelila like this.
October 31st, 2013, 05:52 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry your family wasn't as happy as you'd like. Hope they warm up soon. Yay for not having to hid it any more though!!
lelila likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search