Hmmm...was I pregnant?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 2nd, 2013, 01:34 AM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
Hi Ladies! I hope you all are doing well! Jamison had his first birthday on Oct. 4th, and Josiah turned 5 on September 3rd. Just thought I would pop by and tell you my baffling AF saga. Last month, AF arrived on day 25. I usually have a 24 day cycle, but give or take a day. It started out like normal, but on day 3 of AF, I started bleeding really heavily. I was soaking through super plus tampons every hour, which is NOT normal for me. The heavy bleeding only lasted that one day, with lighter flow on the remaining days. It freaked me out, but since I'm still BF-ing, I thought maybe it was something weird with my hormones. Well, this month my AF was completely normal. Now I am actually wondering if last month was an early miscarriage. It didn't even occur to me that I could be pregnant since we use condoms and AF arrived basically on time, but now I'm just not so sure. I have my annual exam with my OB in two weeks, so I will discuss with her then. It's kind of a strange place to be in, wondering if you lost another LO, but also realizing you'll never know for sure. Just had to share.

November 2nd, 2013, 04:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry. It's terrible to have the "what ifs". In my opinion, the OB will say "there's no way to know" or "that was just a heavy AF" but you could call and ask for a beta from them. In the end, I'd say listen to your heart. I'm sorry you're dealing with this.

November 2nd, 2013, 06:15 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How scary and confusing. I had questions like that for my OB years ago after DS was born and even went so far as to have an U/S and Biopsy done because the bleeding WOULDN'T stop. But it was an "unexplained hemorrhage". They found no trace of HCG in my blood and nothing on the U/S or biopsy except a small fibroid, which they said wouldn't cause such a thing. My OB told me that if I never had a positive HPT to not torture myself with what ifs.

I hope you continue to have normal AFs from now on and if you do get to the bottom of the unexplained heavy AF, it's a logical explanation.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
November 4th, 2013, 06:18 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Have you tried taking a pregnancy test just to see if there is any residual HCG. I had a strange period like that after jacob was born but mine lasted for about 3 weeks so I wondered also if I had been pregnant. But I just never really thought much about it afterwards.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
November 4th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
I have had some crazy AF's since they started back up. Some of them have even been worse than my post pregnancy bleeding. Hopefully, it's just your body getting back to normal. :/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search