Hormonal shift

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 4 Post By Ame C
  • 1 Post By lelila
  • 1 Post By geogeek
  • 1 Post By cortln
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By Boos Moo
  • 1 Post By melissalaw
  • 1 Post By Schofield06
  • 1 Post By melissalaw

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 7th, 2013, 12:48 AM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
I must be going through hormonal changes. First it was my sex drive coming back full force (it had been completely gone for a while now) but unfortunately DH is standing his ground on his feelings towards that "no fooling around because your at risk for preterm labor and I don't want to hurt the baby." I'm practically crawling all over him at night time and he just laughs at me and tells me to calm down. Not cool!

Then the depression hit. I thought it had more to do with my son's angelversery and birthday, and I'm sure that played a big role in it, but maybe there was more to the depression than the time of year?

Yesterday I noticed my boobies <-- (Yes Leia that one's for you) leaking a bit when squeezed and today I have a pimple on my chest and gobs of hair came out when I took a shower. It's too early for me to start the postpartum shedding... I'm not even PP yet!!!! *waaaaaaahhh!!*

Someone shake me!! I don't condone marital rape nor do I think it's funny, but I'm seriously about to attack my DH, while crying, then stuff my face with candy, wipe the stray hairs off my pillow and pass out drooling. Someone please tell me this is was happens when you hit 31 weeks!!
November 7th, 2013, 06:45 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You're PREGNANT. That's what's happening.

I think DH and I shagged every night for 6 weeks my last trimester I was expecting our son.

I cried at those stupid commercials at christmas where the kid comes home from the war and surprises the family by making coffee on christmas morning.

I ate garlic mashed potatoes for breakfast lunch and dinner everyday and gained 30 pounds the last trimester.

I fell asleep every day at 1:30.

You could have made a wig with all the hair that came off my head while I was pregnant.

So here's what to do: Every day after lunch, take a short walk outside. Slowly - no power walking. Take slow deep breaths. Don't watch any crap romance movies, stop watching A Baby Story, lay off the candy and call the OB about sex. If she is Ok with it, tell DH that once or twice a week is OK. Tell him it if makes him feel better, use a condom.

You've been through a lot hon, give yourself a little credit.
Ame C likes this.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
November 7th, 2013, 07:04 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Ditto to Leia. I didn't have all those, but pregnancy is a crazy roller coaster.
Ame C likes this.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

November 7th, 2013, 07:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I wish I wanted sex like that.... the thought of it makes me want to puke. Although, I was having sex dreams about Wade from Hart of Dixie and Elijah from The Originals (Vampire Diaries)LOL (Not sure if any of you watch those shows or not LOL)

You don't have much longer Amy!! I hope the time flies by for you!!! hahaha Your posts crack me up btw LOL
Ame C likes this.
November 7th, 2013, 07:42 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry your hormones are giving you heck, Amy!
My sex drive stayed pretty strong all throughout my pregnancy---so I can't relate to it being like that at the end. But still--can't your DH at least help you out a little bit? I mean, even if he doesn't want to have actual sex---he better at least be taking care of his lady! That is, unless he wants to wake up to you ripping his clothes off in his sleep! Haha!
I hope things settle down. Pregnancy is such a roller coaster of hormones. Up, down, stable, then bowl you over with a tidal wave of them. Hang in there! Not too much longer!
BTW--you should have seen my journal entries from the end of pregnancy (especially when I was 5 days overdue). OMG you would have had me committed to the psych ward.
Ame C likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
November 7th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ame, stay strong you're almost there. As for sex, I say if DH doesn't want to DTD, then like Joy said, he can at least pleasure you. Or get one of those shower massagers I hear about (LOL)
This time of year depression can start to hit for some people, maybe more sunshine would help. If it's not sunny one of those special lights they make.
But I'd say what you're dealing with is pretty normal, I know it sucks. But our hormones go pretty crazy.
Wishing you lots of luck, and that the next weeks pass quickly, and sending hugs.
Ame C likes this.

November 7th, 2013, 09:26 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Has your dr told you no sex? If not I would make your DH go to your next appointment and have your dr tell him it's ok. I have been like a dog in heat lately and thank God DH has no problems with sex during pregnancy. I was on bed rest for 7 weeks during my pregnancy with Jacob and that was absolute torture.

Everything else you are going through is completely normal. Hormones are amuck during pregnancy and you can be all over the place. I know I have been. One minute I'm laughing and the next minute I'm crying. Poor Jackson thinks there is something wrong with mommy or that the baby is hurting mommy..lol.

Not much longer now for you.
Ame C likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
November 7th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
I was never told I wasn't allowed to dtd. But back when I had an infection that I was taking antibiotics for, my dr advised that we abstain until I finished the antibiotics. That feels like it was a LONG LONG time ago. DH and I "fool around" but It's not enough anymore... I want the good stuff!! And I want my hair to stay on my head!!
November 7th, 2013, 08:16 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh hormones. Aren't they just awesome sometimes? My Dh had been kind of funny lately. Any time I try to get him to do anything he (jokingly) tells me I'm just being hormonal and talking crazy. It's turned into his excuse for everything. lol.
Ame C likes this.
November 8th, 2013, 10:59 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't blame you I would want the good stuff too.

I seriously doubt that you will lose enough hair to be noticeable. I always feel like I lose a ton after my babies are born but nobody else seems to notice. You have a ton of hair. But I do understand that you hate it falling out. Drive me crazy also.
Ame C likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search