Laughter induced contractions

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By melissalaw
  • 1 Post By melissalaw
  • 2 Post By Boos Moo

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 15th, 2013, 07:02 AM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
I got my first contractions last night. During this pregnancy I haven't felt anything that I thought were BH or real contractions so far. I'm positive without a doubt that last night I had my first round of them. DH and I were watching several episodes of Ridiculousness and after laughing non-stop through 3-4 episodes I noticed my stomach was starting to tighten up. Then almost instantly it became painful. Like sharp gas pains except I didn't have any gas and my stomach was tightening the same time I felt the pains. I told DH I needed to lay down because my stomach was hurting. He asked if I was okay and I told him yes but I was having contractions with sharp pains. He felt my stomach and as soon as I whimpered in pain he said "Yea, I feel your stomach getting hard. Go lay down and drink some water."

I drank some water and DH and I laid down together. He rubbed my back a little and we talked. He asked when was the last time I felt the baby move. I said he was moving the whole time we were watching tv. Then DH put his hand on my stomach and we both ended up falling asleep after about 2 hours.

This morning everything is good except my stomach muscles are moderately sore. Tasmanian Toren has been moving around a lot so I'm assuming he's fine. I guess I discovered a trigger for contractions... laughing for over an hour straight. I wont do that again until I'm closer to 38 weeks. I will admit though, while it was happening all I could think about was Toren was going to be born way too early and I was going to lose him too. DH kept reassuring me that the contractions weren't close enough together because he could feel them with his hand. But it was still very scary.

November 15th, 2013, 07:11 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, I'm sorry you had that happen, Amy. I sympathize with the feeling of being scared you're going to lose your baby. I was scared of that too with Kody. And I didn't lose any late-term babies like you did, so it must be a much stronger fear for you. Sending you hugs! Maybe remind yourself that BH strengthen your uterus to get it ready for real labor. Some women get painful ones too, although for me, mine were more annoyinly painful, like a dull crampy feeling vs sharp. Everyone feels pain differently though.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
November 15th, 2013, 07:20 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Amy I am so sorry for your fear. I agree with Joy that BH is just your body prepping for labor. But I know how scary they are. I had a bunch a few weeks ago and they freaked me out especially since I was way too early. Normally though if you will lay down on your left side and drink a bunch of water they will subside. Glad your doing ok this morning and glad Toren is kicking away.

i agree though definitely no more laughing attacks until around 38 weeks or so.

I do have a friend who right now is in the hospital her water broke at 32 weeks and they are trying to keep baby in until 34 weeks but they gave her the steroid shots for baby's lungs and they expect baby to be just fine after some time in the NICU. I know none of us want our babies in the NICU but it should make you feel a little bit better to know that you are far enough along that Toren would make it if he was born, but we all want him baking for atleast 6 more weeks though.
Sunrise likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
November 15th, 2013, 08:49 AM
With Clyde, none of my BH or real contractions were painful until after I was induced. I guess I thought it would be like that again so it freaked me out when it was painful last night. NICU time would be so stressful but at least there is still lots hope when a baby is nuzzled in the NICU. I really really reaaally hope Toren wont need to stay in the NICU at all. Once he is here I want to hold him and never let him go.

November 15th, 2013, 10:08 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree I wouldn't want this baby to spend anytime in the NICU. I started dialating at 33 weeks with Jacob and when we were in the hospital they had me talking to drs and signing all kinds of forms and they told me he was coming and would have to go the Children's Hospital to their NICU. I don't think I have ever been so scared in all my life so I definitely don't want to deal with the NICU. Thankfully somehow with Jacob the labor stopped and he waited until 39 weeks to arrive and was as healthy as a horse.

I don't think I have ever had a BH that hurt. I've had some that were uncomfortable but they didn't hurt so I can understand how that would have scared the crap out of you. It's definitely worth mentioning to your dr next time you see him that you had a painful BH. I do know my dr told me that some hurt and some will just be a tightening of your uterus with no pain.
Ame C likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
November 15th, 2013, 10:45 AM
MoonAngel702's Avatar ~Staying Positive~
Oh noooo Amy! Sorry to hear that! That does sound scary. I guess you will need to start shortening your laughing sessions! But I'm glad that everything seems better now, though!
November 15th, 2013, 01:10 PM
I guess last night got things going a little because I've felt about 6 BH contractions total today. They don't hurt at all. That's what I'm used to BH contractions feeling like. So far it's nothing rhythmic or close together, so I'm not too worried about it, but I'm definitely going to mention it to my Dr. I have a feeling he is going to say it's normal.

November 15th, 2013, 01:19 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Sorry that you had contractions. I hope that they go away and stay away for a few weeks.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

November 15th, 2013, 01:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry ame!! Lots of hugs your way.

November 15th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh how scary! Glad everything is fine. I think that would have made me pretty nervous too.
November 16th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Maybe laughing so hard gave you a sore stomach which made the contractions more painful. Glad they eased up. And your DH is awesome.
melissalaw and Ame C like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search