Milestone- second trimester

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 16th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Just keep breathing.
I am 14 weeks today! officially second trimester. I'm going to celebrate by buying maternity pants Even my roomiest ones are not cutting it anymore, and the Bella Band is a hassle.

It was actually a really hard week- Nov 8 was the anniversary of the D&C from my first loss. Plus, I went from WEEKLY ultrasounds with the RE... to monthly visits with my OB. I saw her on Oct 31, then had my NT scan on 11/4, but that was almost 2 weeks. I know it sounds dramatic but it was a big change. That combined with the angelversary, milestone, learning the gender, and first trimester symptoms lessening- I lost it this week.

Yesterday I had a meltdown and called my OB's office- there's no way I was going to make it until my next appt Nov 27 without knowing baby is okay. They were so sweet- told me I could come in, and the dr on call would do a doppler check. So I did go in, and lo and behold my OB herself was in (she's usually not on Fridays) and she gave me an ultrasound! It was AWESOME to see my baby girl! She loves to move! Crossing and uncrossing her little legs, stretching her arms overhead. I feel so, so much better.

I'm also going to resume visits with the therapist I was seeing after my second loss and through my third. I really liked her and think I can benefit from finding more ways to manage my anxiety.
November 16th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Yay for second trimester!! That's really nice of your office letting you come in and even nicer that your doctor gave you an ultrasound. I'm glad you got that reassurance!
November 16th, 2013, 09:11 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on that milestone! I'm sorry you were having a rough week with your angelversary. That's always a hard time. Real nice that you got to have an ultrasound to reassure you that your babe is doing well.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
November 16th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So great they got you in and that your OB was there. So glad you'll be getting to see your therapist also. Hugs.

November 18th, 2013, 06:20 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay for your second trimester. I'm so sorry that you had a hard week and I'm glad that you are going back to see your therapist.

it also sounds like you have a great dr. Glad you got to see baby girl moving around everywhere. My visits have been longer in between them also lately and I know how hard it can be from going all the time to less often. Glad you have an understanding dr.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
November 18th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Yay for the second tri and getting to see your little girl!

November 18th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on 2nd trimester!
November 18th, 2013, 08:45 AM
MoonAngel702's Avatar ~Staying Positive~
Congrats on 2nd trimester!! Yay!!!
November 18th, 2013, 10:20 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Yay for second trimester!!! I love that your OB is so understanding. Seeing a therapist would be good as well. I am so happy for you.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

November 18th, 2013, 04:43 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Woohoo! yay for 2nd trimester! Glad you got to have the ultrasound.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search