little update on DD

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By geogeek
  • 1 Post By geogeek
  • 1 Post By geogeek

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 17th, 2013, 05:06 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
OMG...seriously she was an absolute terror for over a month. It started out with her demanding that I bathe her. She was okay with that for a few days. Then, it was like a fight to the death for her to even get wet, let alone anything washed. I started getting bigger and she is big so fighting with her to bathe made me contract badly for about an hour or so after every bath. So, I took her into the shower with me. Not as bad because she clung to me with every muscle she had, but it was hard to clean her and screaming started right when I handed her over to DH. My showers are my one and only time during the day to relax and I as giving that up for her. After a little while, she got better at showers with me, I could set her down and shower myself with her in with me and there was little to no screaming or crying. But, I still had to share my "me" time. SO, I decided to buy her some new bath toys and a new bath mat to see if I could convince her that her bath was funner than showers with mommy.

It totally worked!!! The first night she was timid. I didn't wash her hair or her body. I just let her play with the new toys for a while. The next night, she let me wash her hair without screaming at me. Actually, she didn't make a peep other than normal gasping for air after water being poured on her head. The next night, she let DH bathe her and she was jumping for joy to have the chance to get into the bath and play. Tonight, she stripped herself down an hour and a half early demanded I take the ponies out of her hair and diaper off so she could get into the bath. She lets DH wash her, clean up the bath crayons every night with her and doesn't cry at all getting her night clothes on. Within 4 days she went from a screaming monster to stripping faster than I have ever seen a toddler strip begging to get into the bath.

Needless to say, this mommy is very, very happy. DH gets to go back to bathing her. I get my shower "me" time back. Marsi is happy with the new toys. All around I couldn't have asked for a better outcome after a month of Hell.
melissalaw, EverydayJoy and cortln like this.

Thank you PrincessMom08 for my beautiful siggy!

November 17th, 2013, 06:55 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow! I'm so glad you figured out a way to make it all work for you (and her) again. Motherhood is such a challenge sometimes, just trying to figure out what makes your kid tick and what will help them over the hump of whatever new challenge they have going on. Good job!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
November 17th, 2013, 07:04 PM
The silliest thing (to me) is the clincher for her to get into the bath was a character bath mat. She loves all things Cars so I got a cars mat. She was more than willing to sit on Lightning McQueen's head to play.
EverydayJoy likes this.

November 17th, 2013, 07:08 PM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
Oh toddlers... I'll never understand them. hahaha.

I'm so glad you figured something out. That does sound like a month of hell.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011
November 17th, 2013, 09:53 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's so funny about the Cars mat. Ethan had awhile where he was in love with Cars too, it's a great movie.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
November 18th, 2013, 05:59 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad that she is now loving baths. I am having a hard time bathing my kids. It is hard to get down on the floor next to the bath tub because my belly is just getting in the way. I can't imagine if we had to struggle.

Our struggle right now is brushing teeth. DH basically has to hold Jacob's hands down while I brush and he screams and cries the entire time but thankfully DH can help. There is no way I could do it on my own.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
November 18th, 2013, 06:15 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats. Gotta love some good bath toys.

November 18th, 2013, 04:35 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad you got your shower time back! I'm starting to think it's like a never ending puzzle to figure out what kids need from all the stories like this I see. lol
November 18th, 2013, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schofield06 View Post
Glad you got your shower time back! I'm starting to think it's like a never ending puzzle to figure out what kids need from all the stories like this I see. lol
Yup, pretty much. And each kid is different. What works for 1 in your family doesn't necessarily work for the next one.
Schofield06 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search