Birth Control

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Ame C
  • 1 Post By melissalaw

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 22nd, 2013, 06:52 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For Moms: What type of birth control are you using to prevent pregnancy?

For Pregnant Ladies: What type if any of birth control do you plan on using once your baby is born.

DH and I have been having a disagreement on birth control after this baby is born. he wants me to either get my tubes tied or go back on the birth control pill which I don't want to do either. the birth control pill doesn't always work since I was on birth control when we got pregnant with Jackson and I just don't want to get my tubes tied. I want DH to get a vasectomy but he just doesn't want to. he's afraid it will hurt and I'm like well I seriously doubt it will hurt as bad as giving birth to a baby boy. I'm going to get some referrals from my OB and just see if I can get Dh to go and talk to a dr about doing it. so we are not sure what type of birth control we will be using. I guess if DH continues to refuse then we will just use condoms forever..lol. DH hates them so that may be what pushes him to get it done.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
November 22nd, 2013, 08:25 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Your DH needs to suck it up if that is his only reason. For us, I can't do pills. We don't know if we are done so nothing permanent. We will probably go back to FAM until we either decide to TTC or do something permanent. We used it for 4 years before Marsi and the year I had fertility between her and Dorian. It works well for us.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

November 22nd, 2013, 12:49 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
This post is weird timing because DH and I just talked about this yesterday. The conclusion we came to was once Toren gets here we will pull and pray and track ovulation. We aren't done having babies so if we had a surprise it wouldn't be bad. I'm just hoping DH doesn't give me a surprise purposely without me being ready yet (I know he wants kids super close in age, we both do, but my body needs a break).

Then, once we are DONE I asked DH if he would get the snip and he said no. It scares him.... but getting my tubes tied scares me too so I see where he is coming from. I do wish he would take one for the team. I could go back on the pill but it makes my hormones wacky and depending on the pill sometimes it makes me gain weight (not cool). I don't want to get fat and emotional, well, more than I already am. I guess we will see if either one of us changes our mind on the more permanent solution.
melissalaw likes this.
November 22nd, 2013, 01:37 PM
Just keep breathing.
I was on Nuvaring for years and am not necessarily opposed to going back on it. I have more migraines on it- but I'm also having lots of migraines while pg so whatever.

I'm honestly not sure if we want more than one baby. I always thought I wanted two, DH was adamant that only one was ideal. So I've been picturing having just one and think I'm okay with it- and DH has started saying things about "next time…" lol. I think our long term solution when we're 100% sure we're done will be vasectomy.
November 22nd, 2013, 01:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have Mirena and love it, no worries about taking the pill every day, no worries about a condom, pnp, FAM, etc, because frankly, I just would not be efficient at that type of bc...lol! I am still trying to decide if I will get it removed in early Dec when I have my annual or if I will wait a few more months.

November 22nd, 2013, 04:00 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're still undecided about this. My DH wants me to go back on the pill, but I'm not doing that. The hormones mess with me too much. I'm leaning toward doing FAM+condoms, but not sure my DH will want to do that, so I will probably be talking with my Dr about options after I give birth.
November 25th, 2013, 08:10 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Amy I had to laugh at your pull and pray technique. I think DH and I did that alot after Jacob was born. We used no protection for over a year so it worked pretty good for us. I think the breastfeeding was what helped us not get pregnant too soon. I'm scared to have my tubes tied also so I can understand sort of why my DH doesn't want to get a V done but my body has been through so much with 4 pregnancies in 5 years I feel like my DH should have to do something so I'm hoping that I can change his mind.
Ame C likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
November 25th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will go back on my pills. After what happened late last year/early this year I know I still need to be on them if we don't want to get pg again. And when I'm not on them my cycles aren't regular and are very heavy.

November 25th, 2013, 12:39 PM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
A crying 6 week old?? lol!

We are doing pull and pray with avoiding ovulating days too. We did it successfully for a year before we got pregnant with Everleigh. DH is pretty confident in himself... so he says. But hey, one month done and we did pretty well!! lol!

Dh will be getting the snip in the spring, I think, though. Well, he WILL be getting the snip it just depends when we can actually get it done. We are done. This last pregnancy was pretty rough emotionally, physically, financially... and we just feel complete with our family of five.

November 25th, 2013, 02:12 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im getting my tubes tied 1/6/14. Just one more month of praying for no pregnancy.....I say pray only, cause we don't pull, lol. Between his hernia surgery and me gone next week, we should be in the clear.

Im totally opposite of you girls with him getting the big V though.......I feel like my risks of tubal are less than his for the V? Can you guy's tell me why your afraid of the tubal? I'd like to know, just so I can of course, be super paranoid about something, lol

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

November 25th, 2013, 03:12 PM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've just heard way more women having issues with tubals. Anything from the actually procedure itself or months later down the road hormonally. The V is also way less invasive-- tubals the women being out at least a week while the man is only out a day or 2. Plus, with Dh and I the deal was me going through 3 1/2 pregnancies plus deliveries = him getting the V

November 25th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
I always heard a tubal was much more invasive than a V. I'll make DH get the big V when we are done.

November 26th, 2013, 06:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
For Moms: What type of birth control are you using to prevent pregnancy? I was on the pill.

For Pregnant Ladies: What type if any of birth control do you plan on using once your baby is born. No birth control, the ONLY thing I liked about the pill was knowing when AF would be here and how long she would last. My hormones just didn't do well on the pill. On the other hand, my aunt has ovarian cancer and I've heard that the pill lowers your chances of getting it. So that's one thing I do think about but I doubt it'll be enough to convince me to go back on it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search