Dr appointment and u/s

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes
  • 2 Post By Boos Moo
  • 1 Post By Sunrise
  • 1 Post By lelila
  • 1 Post By melissalaw
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 3 Post By Ame C
  • 1 Post By Schofield06
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By melissalaw
  • 1 Post By AnnaBonana
  • 1 Post By Boos Moo

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 25th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
I barely got to look at Toren on the ultrasound (the tech was being greedy ) and I didn't get any good pictures. Well, I got 1 picture of his face and the other 4 I have no idea what they are of... I think I saw a little penis in one but I'm not sure. I asked if the tech could see any hair and she showed me a little fuzz but she mentioned she didn't think it was a full head of hair. I was told Toren is head down, YAY! And he's estimated at 6 lbs now!!! I may never walk normal again!!!

The NST went well. I didn't get any specific info on it except that "It looks good." Toren was kicking the monitors pretty much the whole time which made loud scratchy noises. I told my doctor that I've been having bh contractions everyday since my last appointment and he looked a bit concerned so he wanted to give me the finger check. OMG.... it hurt so bad when he checked me. It felt like he was trying to reach my liver! He said I'm posterior and closed. What? He said I was open around 23-ish weeks (but didn't specify how much) and that we would have to keep an eye on it and it might eventually need a stitch, so I was shocked to hear that I'm closed now. Although that is good news, It's just not what I expected to hear. I figured I was going to get put on bed rest or something.

I asked if he had a set induction date in mind or could give me a ball park estimate. He said he wasn't sure yet but it might be around 39 weeks. He was going to push for 38 weeks because of my history but said "they" (whoever they are) don't like inductions being done before 39 weeks. Umm... what? That's all great news but it's weird how everything I was told before seems to have changed at this appointment.

I go back every week now for the NST monitoring. That's about it.
Here is the only decent picture I got today.

November 25th, 2013, 05:18 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Boo for greedy techs! Well I hope 'they' let you and your doctor choose what's best for you and Toren.
EverydayJoy and Ame C like this.

November 25th, 2013, 06:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm guessing "they" is acog (American college of obstetrics and gynecology). They credential OB/gyns. "They" are the ones researching benefits and risks about early scheduled deliveries.

I'm sory you only got one pic. I got no pics at my growth scan last week! In a way, I wish we could leave the babies alone, but I'm glad theyre keeping a close eye on our little peanuts!!

PS: 6 lbs!!! Oh my!!
Ame C likes this.

November 26th, 2013, 05:18 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow 6 lbs. You are in the home stretch! I'm sorry you didn't get a good pic, but soon, I expect you'll be getting tons of great pics!!!

Perhaps the doc said that because you won't be needing any induction, because you'll just start labor on your own? You are young, healthy and in spite of everything we read, it actually does happen.

Believe it or not, there are many woman who just have babies without medical intervention, I know SHOCKER!
Ame C likes this.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
November 26th, 2013, 07:26 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hate it when the techs are greedy. Glad you got to see Toren even if it was only for a minute. Sounds like things are going great. I know the hospital where I am delivering won't let dr's induce before 39 weeks unless it is a medical emergency so it may also be the hospital that doesn't want him to. Glad your closed although I didn't know you could go from open to closed. Tell your DH that your closed so maybe now you can have some marital relations!!!

6 lbs is definitely a big baby but just remember that those measurements can be off. Jackson was suppose to weigh somewhere between 8 and 9 lbs and they told me he would most likely weigh 8 1/2 lbs but he was 7 lbs 2 oz so that is why I put very little faith in those ultrasound weights.

Not much longer now though. I'm getting so excited for you. Glad you have the NST's weekly. They are keeping a good eye on you and your sweet baby boy.
Ame C likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
November 26th, 2013, 11:12 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's interesting that you're closed now, and that they're pushing the induction back a week. I guess that's good news in a way, because it will let him bake just a little longer. 6 lbs, woohoo! I can't wait till you are holding your little man in your arms all wiggling and squirming and just looking at Mama!
Ame C likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
November 26th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
I'm really confused about being open and then suddenly being closed to. I didn't know that could happen... I've never heard of it happening. I wonder if my bacterial infection was causing me to be open, or maybe it was the fact that my dr used a speculum to look through the first time? I don't know but I'm happy. I told DH about being closed and he was telling me I had to wait 3 months before I got any "action"... I was like "How can YOU wait that long?!" I wont get into the details but I won the argument and was a very happy girl last night.

I'm actually happy about possibly having the induction pushed back to 39 weeks. I would like the opportunity to go into labor naturally and this gives me more of a chance for that to happen. IF my baby is huge I'm worried about it hurting like hell, but come on, we all know it doesn't tickle. Either way it's not going to feel great but it's worth it. I feel like having a bigger baby might mean he's better off health-wise. Maybe I'm wrong but in the animal kingdom usually bigger babies are better off than smaller babies.

November 26th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad the appointment went well! I've heard of women being closed after being told they were open. I'm thinking it doesn't happen very often though. SO exciting you're getting so close now!!
Ame C likes this.
November 26th, 2013, 06:27 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have heard that even in labor you can go "backwards" in dilation, for example if you are dilating normally and then have a huge shock or if you feel exposed, or unsafe, or have a rough exam, etc you can close back up. So I imagine it can happen in real life too...perhaps for other reasons but hey, I guess its' a good thing huh!
Glad you were able to convince your hubby that you needed some attention!

As for labor, I have heard from multiple women that the size of the baby doesn't dictate how the labor is going to go nor how painful it might be. One woman in our DDC said the first baby was smaller than her second, and the second went much faster and she didn't tear as much as with her first. I think the second was over 8 lbs too. Also my DH's mom, she is a tiny bird of a thing, she is so slender but she birthed 9+ lb babies and I guess her doctor said they just came out like they were 6 or 7lbs. He couldn't believe how easily she birthed those big babies. So take heart, and also it should be a bit easier seeing as how it's your second baby. Your body kind of knows what to do, so usually it's faster. In my experience, it still hurt like heck, but it was over faster so hey that's good!
Ame C likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
November 27th, 2013, 06:17 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well I'm so glad that you finally got some action!!!

I don't think the size of the baby necessarily means that it will hurt more or that labor will be harder. My niece was 10 lbs when she was born and her mom had no drugs at all and pushed her out in no time. She said it wasn't pleasant but not as bad as she expected.
Ame C likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
November 27th, 2013, 06:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So glad to read all of this, Ames! I can't wait till he is here with you ... Boo to the tech though. Sigh.

Glad you are back to being closed as well! Such good news.

(Hugs)
Ame C likes this.
November 27th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Go Ame, go Ame, go Ame, got some action!

Wow soon you'll have your little holiday baby. So close.
Ame C likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search