Black Friday Shopping

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 26th, 2013, 09:45 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Anybody planning on doing any shopping on Black Friday? are you shopping for something specific or are you just shopping for a good deal?

I won't be doing any shopping on Black Friday. We have a few things that we want to buy from Amazon for our kids for Christmas so I will check and make sure they are not on sale online but that is the only shopping I will be doing. I just can't handle the crowds, especially since I would spend most of the time running to the bathroom anyway. I'm peeing so much that I need to be close to a bathroom.

We are planning on going to a Christmas Tree Farm and picking out our tree on Friday and hopefully getting it decorated this weekend. I'm really looking forward to that.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
November 26th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
No way! I'm not getting out in that craziness. I don't do crowds and traffic very well at all.
November 26th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The only thing I might do is go look at a car seat. I may not even do that though.
November 26th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Just keep breathing.
Nah. I worked in a mall during college and a few years after, and as such I get kinda panicky when shopping in crowds. I *might* look around online. I actually don't do much holiday shopping. My extended family (cousins, etc) doesn't exchange gifts, we don't exchange gifts with my DH's family (we're not super close with them, long story, so I leave that relationship up to him- hence no gifts), and my brother and I don't, either. So really, it's just my mom and DH that I shop for- my dad gets his favorite magazine renewed every year and that's all he wants. I might get something for my brother's new baby. And sometimes I get little things to give friends (scarves, fancy lotions, etc) or ppl like our dog walker and my hairstylist. But that stuff is fun to shop for.

Anyway, short answer is, no, not really
November 27th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No. We've gone a few times over the last few years. But if I was to go it would be later in the day (after DD's bowling league).

November 27th, 2013, 03:41 PM
Six in the City
I was debating going and all excited to go but now I don't think I want to. I do kind of want a furby for one of my kids and they are like $20 instead of the $60 but that's not really worth hours in line, in the cold and the stress.

Make a pregnancy ticker
Always missing our angels.
November 27th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't do mad sales! I live close enough to the border that I could cross over for shopping but I'm not that into it. I did go last year and I did get some deals, and I saw what all the fuss was about. Beyond that, it doesn't really interest me.

DD #1 born April 5, 2013; 9 lbs 11 oz
Baby # 2 due late July 2015.... Shhhhhh! Facebook doesn't know yet!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search