work people annoying me - vent

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Ame C
  • 1 Post By Schofield06
  • 1 Post By melissalaw
  • 1 Post By AnnaBonana

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 26th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So today I am getting annoyed. I think people are starting to talk about my "weight gain" even though it's only a few lbs you can tell. I'm a pretty small person, normal weight is about 120 5'5, I now weigh 128, big deal. There's this lady that used to be on the same team as me, she's pretty rude and has no filter. Anyways, a couple weeks ago, she told someone I know that she could tell I gained a few lbs and that it's ok because I was too skinny anyways. She stares me down everytime she see's me. I try to avoid her, I never liked her because of her mouth. She's on the same team as another girl that we used to work with. Now everytime this girl see's me she stares at my stomach. IT'S GETTING OLD! I'm guessing they aren't wondering if i'm pregnant at this point, I think it's just a gossip thing (they both talk bad about everyone) about me gaining weight. It shouldn't bother me but it is, I like being in shape and I am just eating whatever sounds good to me at this point becuase there isn't much that I really can even think about without wanting to throw up.

I'm just really starting to get self conscious. I know I'm pregnant but why can't people just mind their own business.

I wish I'd start having an actual baby bump so people would start to see. Still not big enough for my maternity pants, too baggy in the butt. People are just so rude, I don't even know why this is bothering me, it shouldn't.
November 26th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Just keep breathing.
Rude! Though I have to say, I hate it when people tell me gossip/negative things that someone else said. Like, I didn't know, why does it help me to hear it now?

Do you get Thanksgiving weekend off? I hope so- a few days break will probably be much welcome. And I advise drapey sweaters and long scarves
November 26th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, the girl who told me (knows I'm pregnant) only told me after I mentioned that I saw the lady staring at my stomach. I do know what you mean though, I agree.

I have to work on Friday but we get off early so hopefully it flies by. I do have a few sweaters but not many. I will just have to make due till I can start wearing maternity clothes ugh!
November 26th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Omg, how petty of them! I don't blame you for getting your feelings hurt because I'm really self conscious and that would bother me too. I would try my best to ignore them and like Mel said, dress kinda baggy to hide any extra fluff. Just remember although they don't know yet, you're pregnant NOT FAT! Hold your head up high and strut that extra fluff with pride
cortln likes this.
November 26th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry. Some people are just mean that way. Ame's right though! Nothing to be self conscious about
cortln likes this.
November 27th, 2013, 06:26 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Some women are so petty and just rude. I'm sure that those ladies are just jealous of your size and wanting to make you feel bad.

and amy said it wonderfully, your pregnant not fat. I know how hard it is to gain weight in the beginning of your pregnancy. I always gain way too much in my first trimester but like you I am normally really small so when I start eating more to help with the nausea the weight comes on and it's not fun. But you are gaining weight for the health of your baby.

I might just have to tell those ladies to mind their own business.
cortln likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
November 27th, 2013, 06:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That is so rude. Why do people do that, and why do they even care? My own brother saw me last week for the first time since I was about ten weeks along, and he said "Wow, look how fat you are now." And no, it wasn't nice, brotherly joking. Then his wife made three different comments about my size!

Ugh! Sorry for making this about me.... But I have no idea why people are so rude! I'm sorry you had to listen to that.
cortln likes this.
November 27th, 2013, 06:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I cannot stand people who talk about other people's weight, it's just not right. You'd think your brother would know better but at the same time, when I was pregnant with my daughter (gained 17lbs in my 1st trimester) my mom would make comment all the time!!!! Especially when I was eating!!!!! I guess sometimes family can be worse.
November 27th, 2013, 06:55 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh my mom always has to make comments about how big my butt is during my pregnancies. I always put weight on in my rear end first so yes it does get bigger during pregnancy but it does piss me off when she says something about it. Families think they get a free pass to say just about anything which in my book is so not true. This is why I don't like to spend much time with my mom especially during my pregnancies because I just don't want to hear it.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
November 27th, 2013, 07:28 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh hugs and hugs. I agree they are probably jealous because you're tiny to start with and now finally (to them) have a little pudge. But we know it's not pudge and soon you'll pop and be able to wear your maternity stuff with pride.
I hope you have a great Thanksgiving and that your short day on Friday flies by.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search