Appointment today

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 2nd, 2013, 02:13 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I had my appointment with my high risk doctor today. Best doctor I've got, so understanding. So the appointment started off well, BP was higher than they like the first time, they have me do deep breaths and take it again and it always falls into the acceptable range. Went over my anatomy scan results. He said everything looked perfect and she's measuring right on track. My blood sugars have been a bit higher than he'd like so I am to take an extra pill at lunch to keep my daytime numbers under control. But these are the lowest dose pills they have, so still not terrible. He even asked if I wanted an u/s today or just a HB listen. Since I just had the u/s last week and could feel her wiggling at that moment I said a HB listen was fine (I would have chose the u/s if the machine was in the room, but they have to bring it in). So then he asked if I wanted to wait to be seen again until I had my next appointment with the regular OB in a month or if I wanted to come back in to see him in 2 weeks. I said I'd prefer to come back in 2 weeks because of my history I'm nervous. He said that sounded perfect and we'd do an u/s then.
Then he broke the sad news - he has to retire at the end of the year Boo. I guess Kaiser has an age limit of 65 for practicing doctors. So that will mean I get a new high risk doctor. This will be my 4th doctor/midwife not including the nutrition counselor, and the genetics counselor, and the ER doctor I saw. I just hope my new doctor will be as great as he is.

December 2nd, 2013, 02:21 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Bummer about your doctor retiring! It sucks when you get a good one and can't keep them for whatever reason. Well, at least your appointment went pretty good. But man, that must be frustrating for you. I hope your next dr is just as great.
December 2nd, 2013, 04:47 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Happy for the good appointment. I would be totally bummed out if my doc retired. Sorry you have to get a new one when you already like him. It's so hard to get a good dr that you like.
December 3rd, 2013, 07:11 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
that stinks about your dr retiring. I hope your new one is as good as this one. Glad that baby is doing great. My blood pressure is always a bit higher at the beginning of my appointment than at the end. I tell them I think I have PTSD and just get freaked out everytime I have an appointment. I can feel baby moving and still get concerned that for some reason they are not going to find his heartbeat.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
December 3rd, 2013, 10:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Awwww I hope you get another great Doc!
December 3rd, 2013, 11:58 AM
Just keep breathing.
So glad you had a good appointment and that you're getting such excellent care. Though it's too bad your doctor is retiring. I hope the next one makes you feel just as great
December 3rd, 2013, 06:08 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Me to. I'll have my doctor recommend someone when I see him in 2 weeks. Also he mentioned that I could just see the high risk doctor and not see the regular OB if I wanted. Which I think I'll do because the regular OB mentioned that he didn't have experience with 'diabetic' patients (which I have GD, not diabetes, there is a difference, though I'm not sure he knew it), and all they did was take my BP and test my urine and then asked me the questions I've been asked a lot of times. Which is the same as the high risk doctors but they do that plus more.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search