My doppler came today!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By kaylakay
  • 1 Post By kaylakay

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 2nd, 2013, 03:56 PM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
My doppler came today! I found my baby within 2 minutes. It was so easy. It used to take me like 20 minutes with Ava.

Heartbeat was super loud and strong! I love the reassurance of having one!

Happy mama here!

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011
December 2nd, 2013, 08:52 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Thank goodness for dopplers!!

December 3rd, 2013, 05:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Where did you end up getting it from? I keep thinking I want to order one, got mine from babybeats last time but I know by the time I can hear the heartbeat it won't be long till I can feel the baby kick so I may hold off.
December 3rd, 2013, 05:56 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love my doppler. I don't use it that much anymore since I can feel him moving all the time but early in the pregnancy it was a life saver.

Courtney this is the one I have and it has worked really good.
Sonoline B Ultrasound Fetal Doppler Pink, LCD Display with Back Light

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
December 3rd, 2013, 07:44 AM
The one Melissa posted is the EXACT one I got! Same place and everything!

I had one with DD and even when I could feel her move I used it. I also had an anterior placenta so I really didn't feel her regularly until 20 ish weeks. So my doppler saved me. Hopefully my placenta isn't anterior and I can feel this LO sooner but you never know. :/
melissalaw likes this.

December 3rd, 2013, 07:46 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My placenta was anterior with this pregnancy and it has sucked. Thankfully around 20 weeks I started feeling him move around alot.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
December 3rd, 2013, 08:08 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yea - congrats. Even though I feel my LO everyday now, I still use it for those times when I don't feel her for awhile. She's quiet in the morning so that's usually when. Or sometimes I use it when I'm stressed out, just hearing her calms me down.

December 3rd, 2013, 08:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
did you guys get the 3MHz or 2MHz? This isn't a bad price at all to purchase it!
December 3rd, 2013, 08:50 AM
3!!! They reccomemd the 3.

December 3rd, 2013, 11:56 AM
MoonAngel702's Avatar ~Staying Positive~
Yay!!!! I have the sonoline b too! LOVE it! Anytime I have fears that are taking over me...I just bust out the doppler and it totally makes my day! I'm so glad you got yours and that it worked so well! woohoo!! I have the 3mhz too
December 3rd, 2013, 01:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i may have to invest in this little gadget
December 3rd, 2013, 02:55 PM
Just keep breathing.
I'm really hesitant to post this, since I'm totally, totally not trying to make anyone feel bad or scared. I really wanted a doppler and asked my RE about it. He strongly discouraged me, saying that I'd be applying unmeasured amounts of energy to delicate developing tissues, and basically experimenting on my baby's brain. That stopped me. He said that ultrasound is safe, proven by research in the context used in medical care, but at home I'd likely be using it every day and/or for long stretches of time (far outside the range/amounts that have been measured or tested), and there's simply no knowing what the impact would be.

I know there are thousands if not millions of women who have used dopplers at home with no issues at all. For me, though, I decided against it, and to put my energy/resources into managing my anxiety. I've had anxiety issues all my life so learning to cope was something that I personally really needed more than the instant gratification. For the record, I am pretty traditional about medical care- pro vaccine, fine with antibiotics, etc. My RE is one of the best in the country so I believe him.
December 3rd, 2013, 05:00 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had heard that about doctors not recommending them also, but more because a lot of women panic if they don't find the HB (which can be hard). They use the same sound waves as u/s (from what I've read). So I figure if I didn't use it often, and just found the HB and then turned it off (that was the reassurance I needed) then it'd be ok for me. So when I do use it, it's only about 10 or 15 seconds usually.
But I do agree that each person has to make their own choice based on what is best for them and their baby.
I can't wait until I can use my ampliefier though and return the doppler. Right now the amplifier only makes everything sound like my stomach grumbling.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search