Tipping Tuesday

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 3rd, 2013, 07:39 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you tip the delivery driver?
Do you tip at a buffet where they bring you drinks?
Do you tip your hair dresser?

How much do you tip?

Do you tip the delivery driver? most of the time. Now some of our pizza restaurant add in delivery charges so I don't tip as much when they do that.
Do you tip at a buffet where they bring you drinks? Yes but not as much as I would if they were also serving me food.
Do you tip your hair dresser? Yes I always tip her

How much do you tip? normally 15% to 20% as long as they do a good job. If my waiter can't keep my drink refilled then I usually don't tip that much. i've waited tables so I think I'm harder on waiters because I know it's not that hard to give good service.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
December 3rd, 2013, 08:15 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you tip the delivery driver? At first I thought you meant package delivery drivers like UPS, no I've never tipped them, but they never bring it to the door either. In fact he leaves the stuff at the bottom of our long (on a hill) driveway. As for like pizza delivery, they don't deliver to us (dirt road), so we've never had delivery.
Do you tip at a buffet where they bring you drinks?Yes. I used to work in restaurants and DH works room service. So we know that servers/bussers live on tips.
Do you tip your hair dresser? Yes! Gotta keep the hair looking as good as I can

How much do you tip?
Really depends. If it's my hair dresser I tend to tip over 20% because she does an awesome job and my hair is so thick it takes twice as long as normal. So I tip her around 25%. Eating out depends on if it's a place where they just clear the tables (like Phil's BBQ) then it will be less since they aren't doing as much as a full service restaurant. So anywhere from 5% - 20%.

December 3rd, 2013, 11:26 AM
Just keep breathing.
Do you tip the delivery driver? Usually $2-3, unless they're super late.
Do you tip at a buffet where they bring you drinks? $1 per person
Do you tip your hair dresser? Yes, 20-25%

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search