So many decisions!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Boos Moo

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 5th, 2013, 10:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hello, friends. I know I'm not good at keeping up. But the good news is, I should be from here on out! I am done my contract at work. I will still work occasional days but have freedom to not be exhausted every day from work.

I'm not sure if I told you all about my trip to Nashville. I write country music and I have had three songs picked up by a publisher. (I'm in Nashville now). He invited me back to do some more writing work. I decided I should come before the baby gets here!

Well, he offered me a five year contract on all my songs. This means that I would be a staff songwriter for his company and receive royalties for songs he sells. The problem is that he wants me to send five years writing strictly gospel music. My strength is in country music and my gospel is just not strong. I know that I can't put my heart and soul into writing music I have to work so hard at! So I've decided to turn down the contact.

To be very honest, I feel GREAT with my decision. I have to tell him tomorrow and then I have two days of vacationing in Music City before I head home.... Ad once home I have Christmas, housework, and GETTING READY FOR A BABY!!

I just feel so good. I'm happy, done work, getting ready for a baby. Hopefully the in law issues don't flare up too much and DH and I can enjoy our winter!

And of course I can spend more time with you all!

Thanks so much for reading yet another of my novels! look forward to being an actual participant n the board again, instead of a fly by night poster!
December 6th, 2013, 02:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah congrats on your decision! What a beautiful and perfect time in your life! Lots of well wishes as your prepare for your baby and enjoy the rest of your preg!!

December 6th, 2013, 04:28 AM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Welcome back
It sounds like you're having a great time. Now rest up and enjoy preparing for baby.

December 6th, 2013, 06:28 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What wonderful news! What a great job. I used to write music for my fellow classmates in college for their senior projects. I wrote the cheesiest, 1/4/5/1 crap I could come up with and they just ate it up Hahahahaha! I still write goofy stuff now for DS, but it usually is about something like boogers.

I'm glad you get to write from home, that's awesome! Tell me, do you use staff paper, or is it all electronic now?

Wife to Big Bull 39
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
December 6th, 2013, 06:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad your so happy with your decision! Start to baby plan!!!!
December 6th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Lelila .... I use Hilroy paper and a pen, LOL. I do lyrics and mostly open chords. I have a few different apps or programs for music writing and pen and paper writing has served me best.

Baby girl got lots of cute outfits in Nashville .... I didn't buy her any boots though. We already has three pairs! LOL. I'm a bit of a boot fanatic. Sigh.
December 6th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Just keep breathing.
Good for you on the work decision- I know what its like to turn down what in some aspects seems like a good opportunity, but just isn't the right fit for you. It sounds like you know yourself and your strengths really well, and aren't afraid to stand by them.

And YAY for getting ready for baby! I'm so excited for you
December 6th, 2013, 09:43 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on your writing contract. That's awesome news. And so glad that you will be spending lots more time here with us. We've missed you around here.

I'm sure you got some great clothes in Nashville. I love shopping in Nashville.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
December 6th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad he likes your song writing and you were offered the contract! That's awesome. It's good you can realize when it wasn't a good fit as well. Yay for time to get ready for baby as well!! Glad your Nashville trip was fun.
December 6th, 2013, 03:16 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I am so happy that you are good with your decision. That would be really hard to turn down, but you must be extremely talented to get the offer! Have fun vacationing in nashville.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

December 8th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like your Nashville trip was a success. Even though you turned down the contract, you did it because it was right for you - congrats! And I'm sure we'll be hearing your songs on the radio at some point!
Yea for getting ready for baby! So exciting.
AnnaBonana likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search